My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Rejoining the world

Well, every day seems to bring me a little closer to feeling better. Still dragging a bit but I'm a heck of a lot better than last week at this time.  Been wanting to make a quick library run so I took off while the coughing seemed to be on hold.  The book store there had a ton of stuff on quilting and cross stitch (what I was looking for) so I bought 4 items and then checked out 4 more.  I struggled getting back to the car as my bag was extra heavy but I was pleased with the trip overall.

Going to take it easy all day and just look at books and work my jigsaw puzzle, which is about 2/3 done. Started looking around on FB at pictures and found these.....
                    Diane Westergaard and her traveling companion in Vienna.
 Mary, Andy, and Jake on the tram that I think took them all over the zoo area.
                                          The group outside their hotel room
                                    Obit in the PT Leader this morning for my friend, Susie.

I started looking on Google maps for places where I used to live and found these interesting shots.....
                                    Cherokee St. Apts in San Diego in 1964
                                                       Cherokee Apts today
 two pictures of our house in San Pablo in 1965-66 with a large tree in front

                              18th St. house today. Man, does it look smaller
                  We lived in the middle house on Wightman St in San Diego in 1965
                                                           Our middle house today
                    Where my in-laws lived on Miner St in San Pablo and how it looks today

No comments:

Post a Comment