My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, October 24, 2014

GET OUTTA' MY HAIR!

I didn't think I had many chores to attend to today but once I got moving, I discovered quite a few little things to keep me busy.....
changed sheets on the bed
cleaned out a bathroom drawer and lined it with paper
prepared vegetables for dinner (they're in a bowl of water in the fridge now)
made new hummingbird nectar (and they showed up right away)
baked a bread pudding
cleaned two toilets
played with my toys in one bathroom(this was yesterday actually)

brought in both trash bins at separate times and walked through a cobweb BOTH TIMES!


Is this gross or what?!  The huge web was from the fence over to my house and the first time I walked through it, I went in and  took a shower 'cause I felt so violated.  ha ha
Later, when I went to pull in the recycle bin, I forgot all about the web and walked through it again. This time I went to get my camera so I could take a picture of his house, which he (or she) made his way back to under the fence railing.  After I got my photos, I grabbed the broom and walked around the house looking for other cobwebs and such.

I also balanced my checkbook, paid a couple bills, wrote two letters, wrote a few emails, and did my exercises.  Tomorrow I may sign up for ancestry.com for a month and lose myself in family trees.

Watched Ruth Kvinsland's grandson, Robert, on Root Sports TV last night in a football game where Gig Harbor beat Auburn 42-0.  Robert is the star quarterback and will play basketball next. They even interviewed him after the game. I'm sure Ruth is busting her buttons with pride.  He sure is a cute kid.  And tall!

I tried to find something worthwhile to watch on Netflix since Big Love is over with.  I began with Kevin Bacon's show 'The Following' as it's gotten some press.  I may get back to it but I only watched for maybe 15 minutes and decided it was a tad too bloody and gory to watch that late at night.  I settled instead for a movie I'd never heard of called 'The Trail.'  It only had two stars but sometimes I like two stars.  Anyhow, this was about a pioneer woman who had to survive in the woods (and snow) after her husband was killed by Indians.  Throughout all the snow scenes, she had nothing on but a simple house dress.  Even slept on the ground with snow falling on her.  I knew right away this movie was lame but I do love snow stories about people surviving so I hung on until the end.

Then I watched a cooking show (The Pioneer Woman with Ree Drummond).  She's a bit sugary sweet but I still enjoy sitting there watching her cook with all these ingredients and cookware I can't afford.  Not to mention the energy she puts out that I couldn't work up.

Here's three more pictures of pets that discover they're at the vets..


And here's a fun video...


No comments:

Post a Comment