My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Saw this video on the Today Show this morning and thought it was pretty interesting....



I wasn't all that enthused about getting up this morning. That's one thing about the changing season...the bedroom is cold and the bed is toasty warm.  I've got physical therapy in a couple of hours so I'll probably do some exercises before heading in.  That initial first work of manipulating my shoulder around is a killer some days!

Now that I've finished watching all five seasons of 'Big Love', I've had to search around for more entertainment.  I put half a dozen movies and/or short musical programs into my queue but more often than not, I ended up deleting them again as they were just too corny for words.  I did watch a three-hour program about the Eagles band being formed and that was pretty good. Course I love the Eagles and always have.

I started rewatching 'Weeds' last night even though I've seen a lot of them already, I don't think I've watched all the seasons as there are 120 shows.  It will keep me occupied, for the time being.

Here are three more pics of pets realizing they're at the vet's office.....


 While browsing around on Facebook, I found this page called 'Child of Port Townsend'.  It had a lot of fascinating pictures and artwork by PT folks.  I especially liked this view of North Beach as I'd never seen it before.
Got an email from the P.A. Library yesterday telling me they're accepting my book for their shelves. Am hoping it might generate more sales eventually.

I signed up for ancestry.com on Sunday but I still wasn't having much luck delving deeper into the Holt family.  I need to find someone else who is working on this particular line so I can ID some old photos I have.  I "think" I've figured out one picture that I knew half the people in already.
My uncle Arthur stands in front; Aunt Velna directly behind him, and Aunt Elva peeking out on the right. Grandma Mae standing behind Elva holding Uncle George, and Grandpa Gene in hat directly behind Mae.  I "think" the little girl standing  next to Elva might be Gertrude Holt as she was born about the same time as Elva.  The woman on the left holding the baby is Bessie Holman Holt and the baby is George Holt. The two men standing behind Bessie I'm not sure of.  One may or may not be her husband (depending on who was taking the photo).  I thought the younger looking one, at first, was James but this picture was taken in 1915 and James drowned in 1908.  I'm pretty sure the guy with the beard in the back is George Wash. Vernon Holt, married to the older lady in the middle...my great grandmother, Mary Ellen Weatherly Holt.  The guy in the doorway in back wearing hat looks to be about the same age as my Grandpa Gene so that could be William Alfred Holt.  Sooner or later, I'll find someone who has this same photo and can definitely ID who I don't know.

I'm going to go back to working on Blankenship and Downs as that's where my main interest is, and I have a lot of questions I haven't been able to solve yet.  I happened to be looking through an old address book yesterday trying to recall a name and it was unsettling when I started counting how many people are no longer living that I have addresses for -- 36!

My front and back lawns are suddenly green again. Amazing what a few days of rainfall can do. Here are a couple of pictures Mary emailed me when they went to Eastern Washington for the afternoon.
Her boss opened up his "estate"  (meaning huge) and invited certain employees and their families. They had a great time, as did Jake.



Poor little guy is developing big knots and bruises on his noggin as he gets closer and closer to walking.  I'm kind of glad I'm not there to see his falls but I am anxious to see him getting around on two legs--and he's close.  Mary and Andy are hosting a birthday party ten days ahead of his first birthday to avoid the Christmas rush.  I bought him a little push mower that shoots out bubbles.

For Christmas I found this cute ferry boat with two cars that can be played with in the pool, bathtub or floor.  Speaking of which....I had another ferry boat dream last night. I've been having these for years but they're starting to alter a bit.  Last night my car was on board but I couldn't find it after I came back downstairs.  I know that means something as I'm always dreaming about losing my car or having it stolen or having it break down.  I wonder if these dreams would cease once I give up my car and decide I'm too old to drive.

Well, guess I'll go throw a few pills down my throat.  I'm taking various vitamins but once the bottles are empty, I may just stick with calcium and one-a-day.  Think I'll look for an allergy tablet too.  I wake up sneezing and stuffed up but am not sure if it's allergies or plain ole sinus irritations. I need to plug in my vaporizer on a regular basis. Only problem is, I had it near my ironing board the last time I used it and it got the board fairly wet.  I know.  Put down a blanket or towel, you idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment