My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pictures I took while out and about....

Been busy all day with housework and computer stuff but thought I'd better post some photos before I forget.  Some will be repeats I put on Facebook but I know not everyone visits that site.
Second stop was at Janie's to unload a few things and to pick up stuff she was giving me.

First stop was at Ruth's as I wanted to see her new ramp and railings.
 I really like the looks of this ramp. Ruth said her nephew, Richie, is going to build her a sidewalk coming from the driveway over to this ramp so the wheelchair will move easier. That's great!
 Her brother and son and nephew made changes to the house with these railings going down the hallway.
 The mater bathroom door was removed and the wall taken out so she can have better access.
I'm not actually smoking here but I thought it would be a good photo op to show how we USED to spend our visiting hours.  Ha!

Shari Glessing throws a halloween party every year and they decorate pumpkins and cookies while the guys watch football.  So much good food!  My favorites were Shari's frosted pumpkin cookies, Jenny Erickson's Cesar salad, TJ's cornbread, deviled eggs, and pigs in a blanket.  My brother stopped in as I had a book to lend him and a tv remote to give him for the tv he got from Jenni a few weeks back.











I was looking through some of the old cookbooks I made years ago as gifts. Man, were they lame!  ha ha  Anyhow, I'm thinking of updating recipes and wanted to look over what I should keep and what I need to discard.  In my 1998 book, I came across some "folk beliefs" that I thought worthy of adding. Like I said....lame!

Before you go to bed on New Year's Eve, place a piece of silver outside.  Next morning, without speaking to anyone first, bring the silver back inside and you'll be financially set for the entire year.

If someone falls UP the stairs, there will be a wedding in the house.

If you unknowingly wear an article of clothing inside out, it will be a lucky day.

Dropped silverware means company is coming. A knife means a man; a fork means a woman; a spoon means a child.

Eat a few pecans when you're looking for a job and your search should be successful.

If you're single and a ladybug lands on you, pay attention where it flies away. Your future mate will arrive from that direction.

While sitting at the kitchen table having lunch and working my crossword puzzle, I noticed one of the neighbor's cats coming over to use my bird bath. Will be nice when the coming rains turn my lawn back to the color seen in the far left corner.  Stupid grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment