My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Keeping Busy

My day started out with a hot shower.  As I was finishing up, I turned around to attach the shower hose back into the bracket and there was a big ole daddy longlegs crawling along close to my nose.  I stubbed my toe getting out of the shower to retrieve a kleenex and then stopped to yell at myself in the mirror to PICK UP YOUR DAMN FEET!

I picked up the kids to take them to school but Maddie needed to make a side trip to the corner grocery to pick up a "coffee."  Mostly milk I think. A very busy place that time of day and the coffee line was long as Hunter and I patiently waited in the car.  I've never really understood the popularity of all the coffee places we have EVERYWHERE.  I guess because I'm not addicted to coffee that much.  Don't even like Starbucks coffee as it's too strong and too bitter.  I probably could get addicted to the foamy sweet drinks they offer but who can afford that?  I already beat myself up when I break down and go thru Jack in the Box for a milk shake.  Now there's a drink!  I've always loved milk shakes.  And yeah, I know...it shows.

I came back home and noticed a huge slug on my front porch.  I'd noticed  some slug marks streaking across that area and I finally caught one! Went to the garage to retrieve the slug killer.
Mailman arrived with a large box. I've kept him busy lately.  This time it was a lawn mower that blows bubbles for Jake's birthday and a ferry boat for Christmas.

Another box had a small clock I sent for for myself.  I like to see what time it is during the night when I'm in bed and this one is supposed to now be so bright that it leaves a night light. Also supposed to be easy to read across the room without glasses.  I have another clock radio with a clock sitting in the living room by the tv because my wall clock is behind me from where I have my recliner sitting now.  Only problem is this clock radio is very difficult to set and if we lose power like we did this week, it takes me forever to read the directions again to maybe accidently reset it.  I'm going to use my bedroom clock in the living room now and my new clock in the bedroom.  There.  Isn't that totally interesting?  I swear my blog is getting more ridiculous the older I get.  ha ha

I had to turn on the clean oven setting this morning and that meant keeping a fan going and the sliding glass door open.  Still smelled up the place and then I spent a half hour having to scrub the oven racks.  I was exhausted but happy when it was done.

Treated myself to a panini sandwich at Safeway. Turkey and Havarti heated. Man, those are good!

Mary sent me two pictures today. One of a pumpkin she painted and another cute one of Jake looking out the window.  Poor baby has been sick this week. They had to take him to urgent care last night when his temperature went sky high.  They put him on antibiotics but he's still under the weather. Thankfully, Mary and Andy have jobs where they can trade off working at home to be with him.

Look how tiny he is compared to that chair from this angle.

I've been kind of cold and kind of tired all day long.  Suspect it's going to be early to bed again tonight.  Sure had some doozy dreams last night.  Elephants (even larger than normal size elephants) were outside my window.  Then other wild animals and they were in jumbo size too. I'm going to have to look that up.

Here's the last of the pictures of animals realizing they're at the vets.



No comments:

Post a Comment