My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bring on the rain!

Brrrrr... my fingers are cold.  Lookin' forward to the predicted rain and warmer temperatures.

I ran a few errands around noontime.  Stopped at Goodwill but their puzzle supply had been depleted except for a bunch of 1000-pieces.  I did pick up a couple of 500-piece boxes and will probably set one up this week. I spent a lot of today working on my photo project.  I can see I'm going to have to do a lot more scanning over the  next few months.

I studied a few old postcards sent in the early 1900's and some gave me more clues on where my grandparents were living.  I'll have to do some studying on it, though.  References were made to Little Falls, Wash. and Rickreall, Oregon, and Kent, Oregon. I recognized others like Galvin and Napavine.
I'm pretty sure he's not a relative but this postcard was in the collection too.
On the back it read: No. 274x23  Did time on Skip Island 1928-29. Broke parole on bull gang. Dangerous (maybe) put out of Painter’s union recently. Last seen between mill and town. Liberal reward if taken hungry. Registered finger prints.

I stopped at Serenity House to see if they had a small plunger and I noticed the premises were looking a whole lot neater and tidy.  I asked about it and the clerk said they had new management.  It's really being cleaned up better.  They didn't have a plunger but I did find one at Big Lots for $4. Also picked up some bird seed which seemed to be cheaper than other places.  Was disappointed with customer service at check out, though.  Two checkers working and maybe 6 or more standing in line.  Jenni told me that during the Friday night sale at Walmart (big crowds attend) they had every single aisle manned with checkers.  That would have been interesting to see. Most of the time, they only have a couple working and it irritates me.

Was going to stop at the bread store but traffic was busy and I couldn't see a parking space.  Drove on down to Walmart as I needed a few odds and ends anyhow.  I did find a wall hanging I liked at Goodwill.  Hung it in my bedroom. I wish I could applique like this. So pretty.


I sure had a weird dream last night (or this morning?)  Some guy had picked my pocket but I caught him in the act and went over and grabbed my red wallet out of his hand.  I noticed my credit cards, license, etc. were all missing and I proceeded to shake this large oversize drawing tablet that was lying nearby as I was told my cards were inside.  An earwig fell out and then more earwigs and then a snake and then more snakes and then this REALLY UGLY BOOGIE MAN MONSTER or something?  Looked like a very unhealthy cancer or sac full of gunk.  

For some odd reason, I wasn't really afraid. Just mad that I was having to deal with it to get my cards back.  It went on with other stupid events too and I was kind of glad to wake up and leave the area.

Well, got a piece of fish baking in the oven and it's probably done so guess I'll whip up some carrot sticks and have din din. I'm too tired to proof read this so forgive me if I made errors. It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment