My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Busy work

I got up at 6:30 this morning.  I was still kind of tired but sometimes your body gets into that mode of feeling achy and you know the only way to feel better is to get up and move.  Those first fifteen minutes can be a real drag.  I don't remember the last time I jumped out of bed with bounce.  I had several things to attend to today and was determined to keep going until my list was complete.  I succeeded but I probably should have stopped midway through to take a nap 'cause now I'm yawning to beat the band and am betting I won't make it much past 9 pm.

I've been meaning to go through all my CD disks and look them over to see what I could discard and what needed to be saved.  (Meaning pictures for the most part)  What a job!  Jenni wanted old disks for a Christmas project she wants to make so I was able to give her a dozen or more.

Hunter came over and strung a few lights down my handrail in front and my little tree in the back. I went out earlier this morning to see what my tiny tree looks like from the street. It won't win any prizes but lights are lights.                      
                                           

                                   

I made a quick trip over to Jenni's house and took a picture of their lights-in-progress as I left.


Came across a 1928 photo of my grandmother standing with my dad and his brother on a Navy ship. Also posing is George, Elva, and Velna holding Bob.

Not sure where I found this Port Townsend photo but somewhere online. I saved it 'cause I thought it was pretty.

And here's one from 1993 at my 50th birthday at Hadlock House.  Gees.....21 years ago already.
Carol Rustad Musial, Karen Jovag, Ruth Kvinsland, me, Linda Pedersen, Doris LaChance Reynolds, ad Mary Gaboury.

I got a letter off to my half sister in Pennsylvania.  She's serving time back there and told me about how she fixed herself a Christmas tree.

"I made a tree from  National Geographic Magazine pictures. I made ornaments from sparkly magazine pictures and Pop Tart foil. I made candy cane streamers from my tea bag cardboard dividers and trimmed it with garland from magazine pictures."

I finished up on Season 5 of  The Good Wife last night and was disappointed to find they want me to pay $2 for every episode of Season 6.  I suppose it will be free on Amazon Prime after some time has passed but I was hoping I'd get to see it right away.  Oh well, I have a whole lot of movies in my inbox with Amazon and Netflix both so it's not like I don't have entertainment waiting for me.

Well, time to whip up a little supper. I'm going to fix one of those meals that come in a bag and you cook in a skillet. They're pretty good -- and easy.  Here's my latest one of Jacob.....

No comments:

Post a Comment