My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday blues

I was kind of looking forward to my Monday morning as I had nothing on my to-do list and planned to PLAY.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Had  an upset tummy (and distress in the lower tract) all day long.  Sigh....I'm sure it's related to the aging process.  Everything inside is falling apart just like on the outside.

My shoulder has been hurting to beat the band.  I did make an attempt to get some exercises done, both for my shoulder and my knee but it's a slow process.  Especially if you neglect doing them for a week or more.  I can't help but wonder if this is just the way it's gonna be from here on out.  Oddly, my left shoulder appears to be improving and I'm hoping my Jan. 2 appt to have it checked out will give me a reprieve from another surgery.  I've kind of got my hopes pinned on that.

I found a large pile of clothes outside my gate this morning.  A torn up white plastic bag was among them.  I threw them in the trash but then thought I'd better check them out as they didn't really appear to be junky clothes.  I threw them in the washer and dryer and folded them up and put in a sack. One of the sweatshirts said Lincoln High School on it so I called them (they're fairly close to me) and asked them to see if some small teenage girl was missing several items of clothing.  Pants and tops.  I haven't heard back so I may advertise in the PDN since you can run a free ad on lost items for four days.

The Voice is on right now.  I think it's so stupid the way the girls down front wave their arms back and forth.  Who ever thought up that had to have a loose screw!

I researched The Good Wife and discovered that if I wanted to see Season Six I was going to have to pay $2 an episode.  There were ten of them and guess what?!  I did it!  Couldn't stand not finding out what was happening.  Now I find out they're on break and the rest of the season starts Jan. 4.  I'll have to watch those on TV and put up with commercials.  What a top grade show it is.  Love it!

Nathan Lane appears in some of the episodes and I did a little reading up on him at IMDB.  He's one of my favorite comedians along with Steve Martin and Jerry Seinfeld.  Notes that I found interesting:

His father was a New Jersey police officer.

Was considered to play the role of George Costanza on Seinfeld (1989).

[on being gay] "From the time I told my mother, I've been living openly. But really, I was born in 1956. I'm one of those old-fashioned homosexuals, not one of the newfangled ones who are born joining parades. My family referred to them as "fags", and that was it."

"I told my mother I was gay, and she s...and she...and then her face went white, and then she said, 'I would rather you were dead'. And I said, 'I knew you'd understand'. And then once I got her head out of the oven, everything was fine. She came from a generation where, yes, of course, she would have preferred if I was straight and had gotten married, but she, uh, you know, she was very accepting. What she enjoyed most is when I was in a musical. She would always say, um, 'I'm not saying this because I'm your mother; I'm saying it because it's true: you were the best one'" [To James Lipton on Inside the Actors Studio (1994)].

[on accepting his first Tony Award] This means a lot to me because, as you know, I'm an enormously unstable, desperately needy little man.

[on Robin Williams] I feel I have to say something more than just 'heartbreaking and shocking' which everyone has said and I feel as well, but something a little more personal. Thus the following: One day in 1995 while riffing in the character of a snobby French toy store owner, Robin made me laugh so hard and so long that I cried. It seemed to please him no end. Yesterday I cried again at the thought that he was gone. What I will always remember about Robin, perhaps even more than his comic genius, extraordinary talent, and astounding intellect, was his huge heart - his tremendous kindness, generosity, and compassion as an acting partner, colleague, and fellow traveler in a difficult world.

I hear Barbara Walters is having another show about her most interesting people of the year.  I thought she retired!  I wish she'd stay home. I definitely won't be watching. Man, I can hear the rain over the TV tonight.  I hope it doesn't carry on like that on Thursday when I drive into Port Townsend for the day.  I've got half a dozen stops to make dropping off presents.

Gonna have to turn The Voice off, I guess.  Blake's country singer sounds EXACTLY LIKE ALL THE REST OF THEM!  Doesn't anybody know how to sing country anymore?  He's singing a Merle Haggard song and it sounds absolutely sucky!  I bet Merle is puking.

Here's what a real country song sounds like ---


No comments:

Post a Comment