My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, December 19, 2014

Fun Friday

Jenni and Maddie stopped in early this morning so I could sign some papers and Maddie could look through my Santa hats to find one she liked.  Her basketball team intended to wear them today. She was excited because today is the last day of school until 2015.
I baked up two batches of cookies (one pumpkin and one banana) and after setting aside a large plateful to serve on Sunday, I made up packages to deliver here in town.

I had an armful of past Leader newspapers to give Joyce Lee but she was already out and about like me, so I left the papers and a plate of cookies on her porch.
Went by Virginia Tomlinson's and visited a bit. She was babysitting her 2-year-old grandson. She's getting around with a walker as she's still in physical therapy for the knee replacement she had a while back.

Also stopped by Ed & Kathy's with a few cookies  (my son-in-law's dad). Took a picture of them with their sweet dog, Maggie.
Got an email picture from Mary showing Jake playing "outside" the gated tree they just put up. He was having a good time with the wrapping paper tube.
Got a nice picture from Ruth in my Christmas card showing her with her grandchildren --both good looking kids.  Robert was just awarded a full sports scholarship to the college in Idaho.
I swung by the library to pick up an audio book to listen to when I drive to Gig Harbor next Wed. Also decided to get a DVD movie with Tom Hanks -- Saving Mr. Banks.

Kitchen is all tidied up and dinner is leftover cornish game hen so I don't have one single thing on my agenda today except to relax and enjoy myself.  I moved my computer from the kitchen table back to the office/sewing room hoping I would stay offline a bit more.  Really easy to sit down and surf the net.

Think I'll settle into my recliner with my knitting needles and see what I can find on Netflix.  Last night I started watching this show with about 20+ episodes on working dogs.  Very interesting.
Dragnet is on MeTV right now and it's very entertaining -- mostly to see the stilted acting and the props from days of the 60's.

Tomorrow morning/afternoon I'll whip up our Sunday dessert --Better Than Robert Redford.  Yum!
Think I'll make the two pans of lasagna too.  Nice to have it all done and sitting in the fridge.
Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment