My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day

I left Port Angeles yesterday morning at 7 a.m. and got to my cousin Cindy's place in Gig Harbor a little after 9.  Mary arrived about an hour later with Jacob so we were able to get in a nice visit.  We keep in touch via Facebook and email but haven't really sat down together for quite a while.  Loved seeing my Aunt Velna's Raggedy Ann doll sitting behind us in this picture Mary took.
I decided to leave my car in Cindy's driveway since I hate going on I-5 alone.  Later that night, I remembered I had left an audio book (borrowed from the library) in the glove box so I emailed her to make sure the car was locked.  I kind of chuckled when she replied "Will do but this IS the harbor."  I guess that means they don't have car prowlers.  I chuckled again when I told Mary about it and she laughed out loud telling me: "I can't believe you think anyone would steal your audio book. Besides, thieves don't read."

Mary and I stopped at Safeway in Renton to stock up on a few items she needed.  What a madhouse it was!  Glad we decided to go that morning, though, and not wait until later in the afternoon.  I set up my laptop in the room I guess you would call the dining room.  They don't use it for that, however. It's more of a Jacob room.

Mary gave Cindy two sacks of clothes for Cindy's new grandbabies (a boy and a girl) 'cause Jake has been given so much this past year that he sometimes outgrows outfits before they get much use.  People have been sooooo generous.  M&A have received car seats, high chairs, toys, beds, clothes, etc. and have had to buy very little.  They are going to have to move some of Jake's cars out to the garage, however, as they're running out of room.  Now that he's walking, he's already outgrown some of the equipment.




 Catie and Andy were both dying to get on this ATV given by Dean and Candi Johnson






                                         Jake really enjoys all these boxes this morning


                                               His laptop computer. It even has a mouse.

                                  My sister,  Janie,  made  this shirt.  Mary really liked it.

                                                           Hey!  That's Mickey Mouse!

I've noticed that Jake is especially fond of stuffed animals.  He gives them a hug and then throws them to the floor.  Andy says it's because he has one particular monkey that makes a jungle sound when tossed to the floor so Jake throws every thing down and waits for them to speak to him.  Ha ha

Mary opened a special brownie pan that I gave her from her "want list" and commented on how sturdy and well built it was.  She showed it to Jake and said:  I may pass this pan along to you and your wife someday....or your husband, as far as that goes.  You have to expect everything these days.

Unfortunately, Catie woke up sick this morning so she's had to stay home. Her apartment is about a mile away.  She probably caught the bug from Jake as his whole daycare was sharing the flu.  So much so that the daycare had to close.  Catie babysat all day for Jake on Tuesday 'cause Mary had a big presentation to give at work and couldn't stay home.  That's probably where she picked it up.  I hope it passes quickly.  (And that I don't get it!)

One of my favorite gifts this year was a ONE YEAR subscription to ancestry.com.  Now I can search to my hearts' content and not have to hurry knowing my sub. is about to expire.  So excited.
It's 2:11 and we've still got gifts under the tree to open. We took breaks as Jake needed breakfast, lunch, and naps. Mary and Andy are on the phone with his family in Pennsylvania right now.

I'm using my camera for videos and my old  cell phone for a lot of the pictures I'm taking.  I downloaded about 9 short videos on YouTube as it's easier to share that way. I'll attach them here.

Just took a pumpkin pie out of the oven and we'll have our special dinner on Saturday when Jen and the twins come over.  They'll spend the night too and then we'll all go home on Sunday.






















No comments:

Post a Comment