My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cake in a Cup

I saw this recipe on Facebook and thought I'd try it out. You take a boxed cake mix and mix it in a bowl with a boxed angel food cake mix.  You keep the mixture stored in a sealed container or baggie and then when you want a dessert, you put 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a large coffee cup and stir in 2 tablespoons water. Microwave for one minute and you get a single serving of cake that you can top with frosting, cool whip, fruit, or ice cream.

Well, the piece came out looking like a flat pancake and a big enough serving for someone who isn't all that fond of cake.  Meaning, not suitable for me.  I tried again and doubled the recipe using 6 and 4 tablespoons. This is how it looked the first and second time.
I cooked it for 1 min and 30 seconds but it was a tad too chewy so I think 1 min, 10 seconds would be about right. 'Course everyone can test their own microwave as they vary a tad sometimes.  I think I'm going to package up the mixture into individual baggies and give to friends. Especially since I'm trying to cut down on desserts and breads.  I fell off the wagon a couple days ago but am climbing back on.

I made a quick library run yesterday as the three books I wanted to read by A.L. Hart (that unique relative I found from the 20's) was in.  Started in on 'Doctor Mallory' last night and it's kinda interesting. Fiction. Written in 1935 and this book is a first edition. Came form the U of Montana library.  I wrote about him on one of my Town Kid blogs.

I spent the afternoon searching for this and that and not having much luck anywhere so I gave it a rest and decided to put my 3-ring binder notebook in order.  I have people separated out by tabs and printed off what I have so far for each of them.  I held off putting some people in until I look "one more time" for information on them.  I'll probably switch over to other sides of the family and other peoples' family next.

Made up some hummingbird nectar this morning and it appears to be cooled down enough to fill the feeders so I guess I'll get to it.

Happy 70th birthday to an old school chum who now lives in Hawaii.  Here's Bill Koepke in 7th grade and today.......
               



No comments:

Post a Comment