My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Time for spring cleaning

I've just spent way more time than I wanted to looking for the cord that charges my electric grass clippers.  It's got an odd looking connection with three white prongs so you'd think it would be easy to spot.  I've gone through the hall closet, the outside wood box, the garage, every closet in the house, and that little bugger is nowhere to be found.  The odd thing about it is that the box it came in was sitting on the top shelf in the garage with a cord in it -- but not the right cord.  I'm hoping Hunter can find it next time he's over.

Meanwhile, as I scrounged around in boxes, bins, and nooks and crannys, it occurred to me that I have to make a Goodwill run soon as it's getting out of hand again.  Funny the stuff you keep when you know darn well you're probably not going to use it.  I'm tempted to have a garage sale advertising EVERYTHING FOR A QUARTER. I just may do it too if I can get the kids to help me.

When I sit down and really go through everything, I'm overwhelmed by exactly how much I have and don't need.  Old phones, tons of cords, coffee cans, trays, Xmas lights, toys, old boots.  I'll have to call myself a hoarder if I don't stay on top of it.

I made a Walmart run this morning. Spent over a hundred dollars counting the haircut I decided spur of the minute to get as I was exiting the store. I still look like hell but I'm learning to live with it.  After I came home, I washed a load of laundry, pulled a few stickers in the back yard, washed dishes, and sat down to work a crossword puzzle while having lunch.

I haven't went on ancestry.com today but I'm thinking I might put in an hour or two later. Which is my latest plan of attack on keeping this hobby in check.  Knowing I have yard work waiting motivates me to put a lid on the websurfing.  I don't know if anything can help the lawn. It'll look better once Hunter mows but it's pretty much moss all the way around, especially on the west side.

One of my VCRs gave up yesterday so I thankfully pulled the one Rose Johnson gave me out of the closet and sat to study how to tape.  I either did something wrong or the tape I used was rotten. I did a 5-minute test again this morning and I think it worked so we'll see how it goes.


I don't know what my problem was last night. I went to bed around 10, read for a bit, and was REALLY tired so I turned out the light and was sound asleep fairly quick.  Around two a.m. I woke up JUST TO PEE and then I tossed and turned for over an hour unable to go back to sleep. I almost gave in and got up to get on the computer but I knew I was tired so I stayed put. Finally..... I woke up at 7:45 groggy and upset by various nightmares.  Terribly weird things going on (even murder) so I don't know where that's coming from.  Perhaps I passed over to the dark side.  Eweeeee...that's scary!

Well, time to get moving.

 
Later....
 
Hunter came by to cut my lawn and he knew right away where the cord was. It had gotten switched with one of his toys.  Yay!  And I just did some reading on possible side effects from the antidepressant I started taking again.  One of the symptoms can be weird dreams, crazy thoughts, anxiety, dry mouth, nausea, headache, diarrhea....all of which I have been dealing with from time to time.  Now I have to decide if I want to continue.  I already quit them once and started again.  I think there's a word for me.  It's called hopeless.  ha ha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment