My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chilly Saturday morning

Not much on my calendar this week. In fact, the only notation I see is for next Friday -- reminding me to haul the trash cans out to the alley.  Yep!  One of the more exciting periods of my life.  The twins came over after school yesterday. Hunter turned on my laptop and said:  "You're slipping with your blog, gramma!"  I told him I was happy to know it was something he clicked on to read but things have been kinda dull around here and I haven't had much to yak about.  (not that that ever stopped me from blogging before)

I see frost on the backyard grass and the neighbor's roofs but the trees aren't stirring even a little bit so I guess we'll have a nice day once we warm up a little.  I was out on the back deck yesterday afternoon and it was almost warm enough to think about sitting out there.  I walked around the yard a bit looking at the stickers that need to be yanked out, the grass that needs mowing, the weeds that can be pulled here and there, and the old flower pots that need to be spaded and cleaned up.  The tulips are getting close too. A few buds are up and should blossom in April. Yay!

I'm kind of looking forward to getting out there with my gloves and shower stool to get busy.  The garage also needs a good cleaning out but I'll wait until we have a sunny day. 

I've spent eight weeks on ancestry.com and a couple days ago, I decided I should probably give it a rest and see about working on other activities.  I was playing with the idea of setting up a jigsaw puzzle or starting a sewing project but I haven't made up my mind yet.  Mainly because I stayed away from genealogy a full day and was itching to get back to it. 

I'm going to write a couple of historical societies today to see if I can get somebody to search for the obits I want.  I also need to visit the public library and find out exactly how to order microfilm through the inter-library system. I know there's a lot of options I haven't used yet -- including going over to the Morman library across town.

I splurged on a $12 magazine yesterday.  I stood there debating with myself over it and finally just gave in and grabbed it off the shelf --Rolling Stone's Special Collectors Edition of Bob Dylan's 40 years of Stone Interviews.  A ton of pictures too.  I'll have it by my recliner for weeks.

Well, it's 8 a.m. and the washer just turned off so time to throw a load in the dryer and begin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment