My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, March 7, 2013

On the Mend

I was a tad nervous all morning as I awaited my tests at the hospital. I don't mind blood work or ultra sound on my neck but I have no love for MRIs.  Noise doesn't bother me; just the closeness of the tube.  I took a pill but I think I waited too long 'cause it didn't seem to be working.  The very friendly tech rolled me in after I put ear plugs in and then he put a collar around my neck, a rag over my eyes, and a mask on my face. (Like Hannibal Lecter) 

Just like the last time, I began deep breathing but needed to have him haul me back out again.  I sat there a minute, chastising myself for my fear, and said "Okay. Let's try again."  This time I was able to stand it. I concentrated on my genealogy files and who I was going to work on next.  Thankfully, it only took 20 minutes.  Jenni stopped by Safeway afterwards so I could get some Chinese food for supper and some bagels for breakfast.  I was in need of comfort food.

I never did feel sleepy or drowsy although I'm betting I'll be in bed before 9 tonight.  Much to my surprise (and delight) my doctor called this afternoon to see how I was and to tell me ALL the tests were normal.  What a relief!  My sister mentioned that my "episode" kind of sounded like a panic attack that I had back in 1985.  It could have been but I didn't actually feel too panicky; just confused and agitated.  Doctor says it could have been a form of panic as they affect people differently but it was probably a GIA.  I know I wasn't feeling the least stressed when it did happen.  I had pizza in the car, after all, and that always makes me happy. Ha!  It was definitely unnerving, however, to lose my way home.  That just plain AIN'T NORMAL!

I'm gonna kick back tomorrow and do a little computer work and reading.  Not much of anything else.  I am going to Port Townsend on Saturday. Catie has offered to come over and ride with me. She was going to drive but I want to pick up an exercise bike and I'm not sure it will fit in her car.
Sue is going too and I think they plan to visit John and Penny while I'm at the funeral.

Nothing like having medical tests (even scary ones) come back and tell you all is well. At least for now.  That's enough to put a hop in my step.  Hmmmm...I just noticed I've been yawning to beat the band.  I guess that pill is finally kicking in. Doggone it! It's 6 pm and I'm really not keen on hitting the sack this early.  Daylight saving time is coming up this weekend too. Another problem to deal with regarding my body clock.

And here's some more handy dandy tips I got from Rose...















No comments:

Post a Comment