My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, March 2, 2013

KnickKnack Paddy Wack!

As I continue to monkey around with my camera and try and learn the settings better, I decided to walk around the house taking two pictures of each scene to download on my computer and see which one was better.  It was a reminder to me that I live in a Knick Knack Paddy Wack House!  All fine art in my opinion...hee hee














 








Yep! I definitely live in a cartoon house.  I still laugh when I remember a comment Jenni made once about how her and Mary were determined not to decorate their houses like their mother! Way too much clutter for their liking.   ha ha

I spent most all of my day working on picture albums.  I needed to type up a cross file of each picture, who was in it, when, where, etc.  What a chore that ended up being. Through the years, I would pull a page out of a plastic sleeve to scan it for some reason and then I wouldn't get it back where it belonged.  At least things are a tad better now. I doubt I'll ever be on top of all of it. 

I fixed up three genealogy 3-ring binders too.  One for Blankenships, Holts, and Downs. One for Baldridge, Ambrose, Luttrell, Barr, & Nesbit.  One for Haskell, Stevens, Kwashnik.  I was "all over the place" trying to find notes as I proceeded through each siblings of my grandfather so I decided to stop and organize before I added to the mess.

I haven't quite decided for sure how I want to put all this info together.  I think maybe blogs would be the way to go. That way I could perhaps get some "hits" from those folks researching the same names but different branches.  It can get away from you quickly if you don't have a plan. Plastic see-thru pages sure do help. I have all the obits and some death certificates filed in one spot now and various letters and newspaper articles filed in another.  I like things orderly and tidy.

Sammy arrived this morning and since he's part cat, I haven't seen much of him.  Just sleeps his day away in the back closet.  Course if I open the front door (like I did to go get the mail) he's up and over to the window in a flash thinking he's going to miss something.  Or....hoping it's Jenni coming to take him home.

Here's my grandpa Gene harvesting wheat somewhere in Oregon or Washington. I may have already posted this one. I can't remember.

1 comment:

  1. I finally stopped going to yard/garage/moving sales a few years ago because I had so many knickknacks collecting dust. I started buying books instead. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete