My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rockin' Out in My Kitchen

Plugged in my Ipod Touch this morning and attached the cute little red speaker that I got for Xmas. Just love the new technology these days. Much better than when I was a teen and trying to tune in a Seattle station on my little transistor or playing 45's on my portable (but beloved) record player.
Chuck Berry is on right now -- School Days.

Speaking of which -- Maddie asked me to pick them up this morning as they had "late start" and she had a lot of things to carry.  Jenni usually takes them to school on her way to work but one day a week, they start their classes an hour later and all their classes are shortened.  Maddie goes to Port Townsend Blue Heron School this afternoon for a basketball game.

I had put rollers in my hair this morning, trying again to see if I could get it to look halfway decent. I'm going to go online and try to find me a hat today Something besides the baseball hats I generally wear now.  As Maddie came out of her house, I snapped this picture...
The first thing she said was: "What ARE YOU WEARING?"  I told her it was rollers and this is how I looked growing up.
When Hunter made it to the car, the first thing he said was: "What ARE YOU WEARING?"  I told Maddie to take a picture of me for my blog. Hunter replied: I don't understand why you would want that on your blog?  hee hee  He's right.  The picture turned out dreadful so I took another when I got home.  Still looks dreadful but, oh well.

As I snapped them heading into Stevens Junior High, I was reminded of another picture I took of them (not that long ago it doesn't seem) of when they were playing at McDonald's Playhouse.
                    Hunter heading in for classes on a rainy morning
                      Maddie following closely behind
                     Where did the years go? This was February 2002.

Got a bill to pay, a letter to write, a postcard to address, a book to look for on Amazon, vitamin holder to fill, dishwasher to unload, and the never ending genealogy to research.  I did shoot off an email to a historical society guy in Missouri hoping he could find some data for me that I can't find.

My dreams were over the top interesting last night.  A combination of several scenes and several people.  Involved murder investigation, the usual mill parking lot dilemna I often have of not finding my car, fish floating around inside a house, a lot of running, and conflicts with doctors.  Ahhhh...the quiet night adventures of my life.

And I see I got Bill Koepke's birthday wrong.  It's TODAY!  Happy Birthday again!  I can't even read calendars right these days (when I even remember to look at them). I forgot three birthdays in February. And in case, I screw up....Happy Birthday tomorrow to  Donald Baldridge in California!

My backyard continues to entertain me with the bird traffic. I just spied several pigeons and quail hunting for worms and seeds together. As I grabbed my camera, the pigeons flew off and the quail went into "statue mode" refusing to move a feather.  I assume that's a protection maneuver they've developed to blend in with nature.  I stood for a long time and none of them moved even a tiny bit.
You can hardly even see them in this picture which I've cropped as the ones on the left look just like the rocks I've placed out there. I know I've posted quail pictures enough already but it's really hard not to take their picture when you catch them scattering and running across your lawn.

   Won't be long until my tulips are showing up over the flower box.

No comments:

Post a Comment