My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 25, 2013

Time for a Change

I spent all day working on ancestry.com again.  Bad mama!  Eight hours later I realized I'm  in a real rut!  Time to change the routine.  I know I was going to put my family tree on the back burner but it's kinda like quitting smoking. Takes more than one try.  Which reminds me.  This is my quit smoking week. March 24 (I think) of 1992.

Anyhow, I worked on the Baldridges today.  I had put a few notes together last time I did genealogy but I needed to rearrange them for easier reading and to fix errors and add new stuff.  Then I decided to get busy around here.  I moved my computer, printer, desk, and all my paperwork back into the computer room as I was way too comfortable at the kitchen table.  My goal now is to participate in other activities like housework, ironing, exercise, and yard work.  Lordy!  Just typing it makes me tired.

I've got an exercise bike in my bedroom now and a treadmill in the living room.  I keep thinking if I have a gym right here I'll work out more.  So far, I'm still thinking on it.  ha ha  But I will!

I had Jenni, Wayne, and the twins for dinner last night. Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread.  Yum!  Next Sunday I get to go to their house for Easter dinner

The half dozen or more quail who have taken up residence under my deck came out for a little stroll around the yard today. A few jumped into my raised flower beds to check out the tulips.

Maddie and Hunter made metal dustpans in their metal shop class so I got one along with Jenni. It actually works better than the run of the mill plastic ones.  Here's the one Maddie gave me.
 
A couple days ago I got it into my head to cover four bricks with felt.  I was going to use them under the treadmill but discovered the thing doesn't run as well when it's braced up. So now I have four bricks that I might use for book ends.  Took me a while to sew them too!  Stupid waste of time, I suppose, but I'm good at that.
And for your laugh today.....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment