My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Just hanging...

Been a crummy week...sorta.  Got a touch of a stomach bug or something..lots of exciting trips to the bathroom.  I'm thankful I'm not throwing up, though.  I think my last bad throw-up flu was the week of my step-mom's funeral in 2008.  I thought I was done for -- and it came out of nowhere.  Nowadays everything you eat is suspect so I never know when I'm hit broadside with something like this if it's some bad food I ingested.  Whatever it is, I don't like it.

Just got off the phone with my daughter, Mary, and she's laid up with a horrible bug too.  She told me I wasn't calling my little episode of a few days ago by the right name. It's actually GTA ...global transient amnesia.  I asked her how she knew and she said that's what Jenni texted her from the doctors office last Thursday.

I've been dealing with a lot of anxiousness since that aid call. I guess it's normal to worry that it's going to happen again. From what I've read, though, it's unlikely.  It is unnerving, though, to be grabbing for memories all the time like a certain word I want but can't come up with or trying to remember what I was looking for or what I was going to do.  Then again.....I've been dealing with that for quite a while.  I always joked about it before 'cause all my friends are forgetful too.  Now, though, I worry that I've passed over into that gray area.

Decided I would go back on my antidepressant that I didn't think I needed.  At least I guess it's an antidepressant.  Either that or a tranquilizer.  More or less the same thing, I suppose.

Nothing else much going on.  I'm cooking a Marie Callendar meal for supper 'cause I don't feel like cooking tonight.  Been spending hours looking up genealogy research but keep hitting brick walls and I'm getting discouraged.  I may have to study up more on what options I have.

It's driving me nuts that I can't find my great grandmother's record of birth, her dad's record of birth or death or his marriage and any number of other details connected with her folks.  I don't even know for sure what her mom's name is.  I found her at age 10 in a census but I'm not convinced the woman listed is actually her mother.  That's part of my problem.  I doubt everything.  Ha!

Here's a hummingbird I took a picture of yesterday.  He (or she?) kept flying from wire to a tree and back again but I never did see her land at the feeder. She looked green one minute, and red the next.

 
Just looked over the tv schedule for tonight and it doesn't look like much is on outside of Southland.
Guess I'll watch the golf channel and HGTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment