My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring chores continue.....

I put in about an hour yesterday along the fence. Finally gave it up when I realized my tools weren't working all that great.  I had bought a Black and Decker grass cutter last spring (or the spring before) and already it's quit on me.  Last B&D product I'll ever buy!  I even took it down to Swains to see if there was something I wasn't doing right. The kid who helped me knew as little as I did but his assessment was that I needed to take it to a B&D dealer for battery replacement.  What a bunch of BS!  I had tried charging it overnight and it wasn't taking so I figured it had to be something weird as I haven't used it all that much.

I'm sending it straight to the trash can. Seems to me like I've had problems with B&D products before.  I did buy a file to sharpen up my other manual clippers and I bought a second pair of clippers too so the kids can help me.  I do have a weed eater but it's just a cheapie and you have to baby it along to get any use out of it.  It's hard enough working outside physically; I don't need challenges from my tools too.


I think I've got some allergies kicking in as well.  Feeling awfully stuffed up and crabby.  More crabby than usual, that is.

I started clipping and weeding along the east fence yesterday.  Made a huge mistake putting bird feeders there last winter. What a friggin' mess!  My fault.  Curious to me, though, why the grass along that fence is so green and lush and growing while the rest of the lawn is brown and mossy and ugly.


The neighbor to the west of me says she's bothered with moss quite a bit as well, and her lawn is also really hard and difficult to dig in.  I'm going to go over to the nursery this week and see if I can find moss killer. There must be stuff for that.

I can understand why the area between our two houses is pure moss because the sun never hits that area.  Today I'll trim some more along the fence and maybe start cleaning up the front.
And this is why I haven't been blogging as much. Nothing to yak about but BORING stuff.  And with that, I think I'll get back outside and see how many slugs I can find to gross me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment