My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Saturday in April

Almost May Day already. Got all my chores done so the rest of the weekend is mine to do as I please. Course now that I think about it, all my days are pretty much mine to do as I please.   Sky is looking cloudy and gray so I imagine we'll have at least a little rain before the weekend is over.  I went out and mowed the front but I'll leave the back for Hunter to do. 
Noticed the mower was missing a lot so I'm thinking it needs spark plugs or maybe the spark plugs just need cleaning.  I suppose I could play with it and try to figure it out but I'll leave that for Wayne or Hunter.

My neighbor down the street got moved last week but had to come back tyesterday to sign some papers. She went into her house and discovered the movers had left several things in kitchen cabinets.  Like all her pans.  Also left a few things in the garage. She loaded up her car as best she could but will have to wait for her grandson to come with his pickup to get the rest.  And it wasn't cheap hiring those movers either!

We went out to Traylors for dinner last night. I didn't think I would be able to eat anything but soup this weekend but my mouth is healing so I had fish and chips. Brought half of it home for lunch today.  She spent the night and we watched a little TV before bed. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Doc Martin. I read for a while. Am working on Jane Eyre and one I just got in the mail about the Secret Service. It's really interesting. Especially the juicy parts about the presidents, vice presidents, and first ladies.

LBJ was portrayed in an especially bad light.  Really bad!  Nixon too.  And Carter.  That's as far as I've gotten so far. Sadly, it doesn't say much for our system of electing presidents. We've had a lot of losers.

Got a couple email pictures of the kids at the Mariners Game last night. The second one is "Bill and Kissy Bear" that Mary and Andy take pictures of as they travel around the world or around town.


 
My kitchen sink was leaking so I called a plumber on Thursday. Unfortunately, I got a jerk. All that was needed was a tightening of the valve around the hose. (and he used my tool to fix it!)  He was here under five minutes and as he was leaving, I asked him what I owed him.  I wasn't feeling good as I had just had a tooth pulled or I would have spoken up.  He said:
 
Well, I won't  charge you a full fee for a call. Do you have any cash?  (I said yes)  Okay. $40 ought to cover it.  I don't think he'll get my return business. And I don't think he was the owner of the company either as he introduced himself with a different first name than the one on the truck. He also didn't give me a receipt.  Betcha' anything he just pocketed the cash.
 
After Yvonne left this morning, I decided to rearrange the kitchen and living room.  I really like it better. No one sits on my bar stools at the kitchen counter much (I never do) so I put my craft table in that spot. I'm working on painting rocks right now but I may set up a jigsaw puzzle soon.


Well, the sky is getting more and more gray and now the wind is picking up. Perhaps we will get rain afterall. I plan on doing a little genealogy research and then I'll fix lunch.

And here's to  George Jones... singing the best dang sad song ever sung!

No comments:

Post a Comment