My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ending a blog

I think I'm gonna write my final 'Town Kid' blog today. It's been over two years and I'm kind of running out of subject matter.  Course as soon as I write off, something will probably come to mind. Or not. I've already covered a few subjects twice.

I started my first blog (Gupster Granny) in 2009 and finished that up to start this one in August of 2011.  For two years I've kept a running diary on my days' activities, likes and dislikes, opinions, pictures, videos, and yes, complaints about my health and  aging body.  Sometimes my topics are enough to bore a person to death but it does help me keep track of what happened when. And I'm basically writing for me anyhow.

My 'Be True to your school' blog ran from May 2009 to Aug 2011 and then I started 'Town Kid.' I may end the 'Alumni of PTHS' too. I haven't actually put much on there in a long time, and I have other writing projects I want to work on.

Genealogy has kept me tied to the laptop for hours these past weeks and I can't see any end to that until I find the last of the few little things I'm looking for. There's about 8 things, and I don't plan on renewing my ancestry subscription in July so I'd better find what I want pretty soon.

I did go over to the Morman church yesterday and two very nice women helped me and gave me some further tips to follow while searching. I also went to the Clallam County Genealogical Society near the public library but that was pretty much a waste of time.  I figured out quickly the lady at the front desk wasn't going to be much help. She had me go to ancestry.com and then I had to teach her a couple things once we were in there.  She suggested I go to some Seattle library but that ain't about to happen. I can always go back to the Morman Library to use the ancestry website and others if I so choose.

I spent the morning cleaning up my office. If I don't take the time every few weeks, the paper chase gets out of hand.  I moved a few files and everything is looking pretty good now. Helps me organize in my mind better too.

I took a break to have some tomato soup for lunch and work the AARP crossword puzzle but it was too hard. I'll try again later. Found an envelope of yeast and decided spur of the minute to whip up a batch of cinnamon rolls. The dough is rising over a pan of hot water now.

Picked the twins up at 9 o'clock and took them to school. Also picked up Sammy and he's spending the day lounging on the back deck or sleeping in his bed in my back closet. I think he's part cat. I also stopped to get $2 worth of gas so Hunter can cut my grass one day soon.  I might even venture out there myself to do the front.  I'm thinking on it.

Almost called the coast guard last night.  They were apparently during maneuvers as I've gone through this with them before. Last night they kept flying over from about 9 to midnight.  I put up with it but I wasn't pleased. Especially when they kept waking me up after 11.

I didn't watch any tv last night. Went to bed to read and was surprised that I got over 100 pages read. Usually I'm lucky to get ten!  Have decided I need to start reading the classics. I've read very few. Right now I'm on Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre.'  My goodness but it's good!

Saw Pa Walton playing a priest on 'Days of our Lives' today. I usually turn off soaps the minute they come on but I had to stop and look him over. What a cutie pie he is with his white hair. I always did have a crush on Ralph Waite.

PTHS Alumni newsletter showed up in my email box this morning. As usual, Mary and Jan did a super job on it.  I'm kind of looking forward to the banquet and dance in June.

The cinnamon roll dough should be about ready to punch down and roll out so I guess I'd best get back to the kitchen.  Big day tomorrow. Gonna' have a tooth extracted at 9 a.m.  Highlight of my month.  And once it heals, we'll get a crown on the other side.  There goes my savings account.

No comments:

Post a Comment