My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 5, 2013

Another day of Not much...

Finally decided to bite the bullet and make a dentist appointment. I think this ongoing misery I'm experiencing is more allergy-related than anything but I'm way overdue for a check up and I know it. Been a couple years. Plus my tongue continues to act up. Got my tax return so while it wasn't my intention to share it with the dentist, oh well...... this is my life.

Just finished writing  an essay for the AARP newsletter. They have a column where they invite people to write 400 words or less on a subject they choose. This month it's "What I know about dads." I figured I could write on that easy enough so I just sent it off.  It's hard to get published in that paper, though. They get a ton of entries and all the ones I read later are pretty darn good.

I just took an Allegra D. I've got my fingers crossed that it works quickly.  I hate to over-medicate myself but I've been taking this other generic allergy pill (that makes you drowsy) before I go to bed. Sure does help me sleep better. I'm conscious of not becoming dependent on them but gees, you spend enough days feeling like crap, you're ready to take anything!

I hate it when I can't get energized enough to get outside and play in the dirt.  I need to clean the garage but I'm thinking if I start stirring up the dust and dirt, I'm only going to aggravate things. So...I'm staying inside and pouting.

Was sitting here working on genealogy and noticed this large bird (maybe a hawk, maybe a seagull?) across the street over the weeds and scotch broom.  All of a sudden, it started taking a nose dive in circles (like a helicopter with engine problems). It flopped down into the tall grass and didn't get up. I think it died.  Just like that.  I'm tempted to go over there and look but sometimes it's hard to walk in that stuff. Maybe I will. I need the air anyhow. Be right back.


Well, I'm an idiot!  I walked out into the field where I thought the bird fell and this big ole hawk comes flying up with a mouse in his beak.  ICK!  Needless to say, I made a beeline home again. Nature can amuse me another day.

Think I'll get off the computer now.  Maybe I'll make some peanut butter cookies.  Doc Martin is on tonight and that always makes me smile.  Looking forward to Mad Men on Sunday too.  Yeah, my life is down to revolving around TV again. So sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment