My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quiet Sunday

Boy, what a difference a good nights' sleep makes!  I feel so much better (emotionally) than I did yesterday when my sleep pattern had gone awry at 3 a.m. The view out my front window showed blue skies and pretty white clouds an hour ago but it's getting grayer by the minute.

See that white steam coming up from the bottom of the picture right in the middle? That's the paper mill down on the waterfront.  I've always thought it was kind of ironic that the view from my window is paper mill steam. Course only I would find that interesting --having worked in a paper mill for two decades.

Two black crows are walking around my yard now.  Lookin' for worms I suppose. And a robin is watching them from the middle of the street.  I wonder if she's waiting to see if they find something good for breakfast.  Odd how I've become such a bird watcher these days. Two hummingbirds just arrived and they're my favorites. And thank you, Coke,  down in Oregon for telling me my woodpecker yesterday was a flicker.  I want to buy a better camera just so I can take pictures of birds and other things nature-wise that I've taken an interest in.

Looked over the tv line-up for today. Gonna watch golf at 4 and Call the Midwife at 8. Also taping Mad Men and a new show on the Discovery Channel called 'Naked Castaway.'  Has to do with surviving techniques in the wild.  (my way of communing with nature)  Found a new favorite show on Netflix last night too. I'm really enjoying the streaming side of Netflix. Kevin Spacey stars in this 13-episode  first season of House of Cards.  Really good!

Another movie I recently watched was 'Fanny,Annie,and Danny.'  Very dark but very good.

Came across a blog that has free patterns if you sewers are interested.  modafabrics.blogspot.com

Spent hours on ancestry yesterday. Found a picture of Ben Downs which I saved (for now) even though I'm fairly certain he's not "my Ben Downs."  You never know. He could be a relative.
 
My cousin, Marlee in Gig Harbor recently did the MS walk to raise money. She wrote:
 
The actual MS Walk is almost two miles on the completely flat part of the trail if you walk to the last booth and back to the beginning.  We always walk the whole loop, down near the beach and back up.  Mary wore her GPS and we walked 3.1 miles.
The wind was really blowing - my car said it was 39 degrees, but the wind-chill factor has to be considered!  We started out with just the cold wind, but it started sprinkling then really raining at the end.  The wind was blowing the rain sideways as we walked up the last long hill.  We could hardly wait to get back to the car and get warm!  (She's in the red)
 
First thing I did this morning was move my laptop desk back over where I originally had it. I found not being able to sit and look out the window threw off my balance.  Or something.  Maybe it was just a reminder that I prefer watching the goings on outside.  They're never really that interesting but you have to find your entertainment where you can.
 
I should work on a Town Kid blog today but I can't think of a thing to write about. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment