My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Gettin' better I think

Sure does make a difference when you get to sleep at night. I actually woke up feeling better this morning.  Am hoping that means I'm on the road to recovery.  Still have remnants hanging on but at least I feel like doing something today. I pulled out the ironing board (I know...totally boring) but I'm way overdue on ironing a few shirts and I think I'll change the curtains in the living room too. Also going to change where I have stuff on the wall.  A typical OCD habit but sometimes a change is nice. Plus I can use the exercise of going up and down on the step ladder.

Later I plan to scan in some old pictures that I want to incorporate into the genealogy piece I'm trying to figure out how to assemble.  The twins are going to the other grandpa and grandma's house this weekend so it will just be me and Sammy.  If I get real ambitious (and the weather clears a bit) I may go outside and start working on the large pots on the deck.  But I'm not going to put it on my definite list. All depends on my energy level.

I've got my Pandora Music Channel on and it will probably stay on all day. Television can sometimes crank up my agitation within ten minutes.  I sometimes sit down to watch the national news on ABC and NBC at 5:30 and 6.  I've become very aware, however, that the commercials take up more time. And you can't switch channels because the drug companies (who obviously have more money than they know what to do with) are EVERYWHERE with their ads.

I've taken to using the mute button more and more frequently.  Especially annoying are the good looking middle aged couples who giggle at each other as we're told they've got sex on their mind.  Then we're told to buy this particular pill to help us enjoy sex more. But..... be careful...as it has a bajillion side effects and some can kill you!

And if it isn't sex you're interested in, how about lowering your cholesterol, fixing your diabetes, lowering your blood pressure, getting help for your achy joints, regrowing your hair, or fixing your eyes so they aren't so dry.  It never ends.  I'm also sick of having to turn page after page in magazines to bypass all the drug info in tiny print that they think we read.  I sometimes tear whole pages out of magazines if they're back to back drug ads.

Intolerant?  You bet!  Especially when these ads are rammed down your throat day in and day out for weeks and months.  You wouldn't believe the way I talk back to my television.  Well, maybe you would.  I'm also sick of hearing about certain celebrities who act STUPID and continue to get press.

It also disgusts me the way nut cases are covered for months on end.  Saw a story a few days ago about women who get up at 4:30 a.m to drive to get in line to be in the courtroom of that Jodi Arias case--the  dame who killed her boyfriend and stood on her head while waiting to be interviewed. It was reported that over a MILLION DOLLARS has been spent on this case. Money the AZ taxpayers are being charged.  She doesn't deny (not now anyhow) that she stabbed the guy 27 times but oh woe is me, he was mean to her and drove her to it.  Blah blah blah!

Something is wrong with this picture.  People are rearranging their lifestyle to sit all day in a courtroom and observe this garbage?  Obviously, their priorities are out of whack.  Everytime I see Nancy Grace is going to get a microphone again, I immediately change the channel.  A lot of the problem is the media.  They've managed to make something out of nothing and have worked it up to a fine art.

For example, Obama had to apologize for saying the attorny general was good looking. People took offense.  GIVE ME A BREAK!  And that coach who should have been fired....Yep!  He was an ass and good riddance but do we really need to see the video 16 times?! Sadly, we're going to see that video for the rest of our lives. Everytime I surf the upper channels to see if maybe this time there's something worth watching, it's the same ole low class dialog.  People being rude to each other while wearing next to nothing.  And how that Snooky continues to get a show is beyond me.  I feel sorry for her kid.

Okay. I got that off my chest. Now I'll say something good about TV.  There are some fun shows that I find entertaining.  Last night it was Flea Market Flip and Doc Martin.  I often stop to watch cooking shows. I never make any of their stuff cause who could afford the ingredients or the appliances and pans they have to cook with.   I enjoy those shows where they go in and fix up a house (Love it or Leave it) and I like to see people looking for a house to buy.  Course most of them are way too persnickety.  Does entertain me, though. Especially when I tell them what I think of their opinion.  Ha!

Most of the commercials are beyond dumb but some make me chuckle and watch them again and again.  Like that guy who's up at 3 am to talk to his Allstate agent and his wife comes downstairs in her housecoat thinking he's on the phone with his girl friend.  They crack me up and I laugh everytime.  Even if I have seen it more than I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment