My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The day looms ahead...

Set my alarm for 7 a.m. last night, mainly because I wanted to see if it was working, but also because I wanted to make sure I didn't oversleep as I have an 8 a.m. foot doctor appt this morning.  I seldom, if ever, sleep past 7 so there wasn't really a danger of that but still...you never know.  Course you still have to contend with waking up TOO OFTEN just because you know you HAVE to get up early.  Which was my case.  5:45 a.m. and I'm wide awake.  Annoying!

I got up and went through my usual routines of opening curtains, booting up the computer, putting on the coffee pot, and staring myself down in the mirror as I'm reminded, yet again, that I'm an old worn out hen.  Mirror images early in the morning are such a sad sight.  Fixed a bowl of dry cereal and toasted half a bagel, then made my way into the office (which I'm now trying to call the computer room).

Looked over my usual websites.  Didn't win any money, didn't find anything worthwhile on tv for tonight, didn't have too much email, and the news was the usual -- people acting mean and stupid.  Facebook has become one of my favorite stops now.  Always on the lookout for pictures people might post and now I'm cutting and pasting recipes into a special folder I'm building. Like these as the recipes are usually easy and the pictures always look mouth watering.

My hotmail had a message that I should download Explorer 10 as it's faster and better.  Anybody know if that's true.  I assume this d/l is free. Haven't looked into it yet.  I wrote to Google help yesterday on how to delete messages in my sent and junk mail quickly as I had over 1300 in the trash and I wanted to clear them out.  I finally just started deleting a page at a time and then a prompt came up telling me I could delete them all at once. My email this morning asked me if I really wanted to do that as I would lose all the conversations I had had with my friends.  Was kind of surprised I even got an answer. Too late, though. I deleted everything.  I often times regret doing this because invariably I'll want to look something up and I can't.  Too bad.  Out of sight, out of mind.  At least my mailbox is free and clear.

I've been spending a lot of time researching my g. grandfather's full and half siblings but I do intend to get back to my grandpa's siblings too.  There's still a lot out there I haven't found. I may drive over to the Morman Church library this week to find out their hours and what kind of information they can help me find.

I wanted to print out my pages of notes but knew my ink was getting low and I was trying to avoid putting in a new cartridge.  Then I remembered that my old printer was sitting nearby and had new cartridges in it.  Just had to print using my old computer instead of my laptop which doesn't recognize the old printer.  Anyhow, I transferred my notes onto a jumpstick (or whatever you call them) and plugged it into my old computer so I could communicate with my old printer.  Wa Laa!  So glad I remembered that as I have other things I want to print, as well.

Went to the dentist yesterday morning and unfortunately, my savings is going to be reduced shortly.
I opted to have one tooth pulled that might have needed a crown removal, root canal, and new crown.
Way more than I wanted to spend on that tooth that has already cost me money.  I told the dentist that another part of my mouth had been bothering me and I always thought that was the area we would find problems.  He took another xray and sure enough -- another damn cavity UNDER a crown.  This time I'll go through the motions and have the crown removed so he can dig out the decay (and hopefully not have to do a root canal before putting another crown in place.)  With my luck, though, I'm prepared for the whole show.  Big bucks.  Makes me sad.

Meanwhile, he was recovering from a cold and had two people out sick so we rescheduled my extraction for this coming Thursday.  Oh joy!  I haven't had a tooth pulled since the 70's.  He said he won't know until we get in there. It will either come out easily and we'll be done in under 15 mintues or if there's a tooth breakage or root problems, we could continue for an hour.    Believe it or not, though, I'd rather suffer through dental appointments than get an MRI!  And MRI's don't even hurt.  All in the mind.

I was going to write a Town Kid blog on learning to drive or teaching kids to drive but after looking over my past  blogs, I noticed I've already written enough on that subject.  Even if it's been two years or one year ago, I need to find something else to discuss.  And if I don't, well, then I'll conclude that blog and find a new hobby.

Hmmm...looking interesting out my front window. I've been trimming this one bush near the curb (that I'm not that fond of) but I see the birds are using it quite a bit so I think I'll leave it be and let it get bigger.  My other little tree next to it (that I was sure was dead) has come back to life and it's looking kind of pretty with his red/orange leaves.  Neighbor mowed his grass on Saturday so now mine looks shabby. Maybe I'll try to get to that this week since good weather is predicted.  Have seen a hawk come around almost every day too.  Lookin' for lunch in the field across the street.

My dreams last night were again vivid and interesting.  Noticed one segment was in color (this woman had a bright blue sweater on) and that part of the dream also had aroma.  This particular woman had strong perfume on and it annoyed me.  So much activity.  Mary and Jenni were running down the road (for exercise) and their hair was long and flowy.  I also burnt a hole in a wall (perfect half circle hole) by putting a burn barrel to close to it.  This particular burn barrel was made of cardboard but I didn't figure that out until I tried to burn trash in it outside. 

And night before last I dreamed I cut in  front of this guy in line to get on the ferry. (Ferries often show up on my dreams)  Funny thing was it was the 1940's and all the cars were from that era.  Probably related to all the genealogy searching I've been doing.  Okay. Enough on dreams. I know it's boring.

Time to turn off the tv.  I DO NOT want to hear one word more about the Jodi Arias trial.  I watched the first two episodes of the latest season of Mad Men but I'm leaning towards giving that program the boot, as well.  I don't know why they think we want to see all the main characters turn into sleeze balls who take other sleeze balls to bed.  There has to be a better story line to follow.  You can certainly tell the mentality of the writers involved.  I was enjoying 'The Americans' until they went off the deep end and brought in S&M activities to share with us.  BORING!

I seem to be losing interest in a lot of shows I used to tune in....The Amazing Race, American Idol, The Voice, House, Ax Men, and several others.  Here's a picture I saw on Facebook yesterday...
Dave and Mary Gaboury with their grandkids in Bonney Lake.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Joyce, for giving us some springtime colors again on your blog. Hope you are enjoying better weather this week. Peggy class '59.

    ReplyDelete