My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, April 8, 2013

Hey! The Sun is Out!

At least for now, the sky is blue. I may get to those pots on the back deck this afternoon, but if I don't, that's okay. I've got all week. All month really. I'm going out for lunch with Mary Norton today and later in the afternoon, I'll be picking the kids up from track and transporting Maddie to softball.

Had a repeat dream last night. At least it seemed awfully familiar.  As usual, it was weird.  I was looking out on Port Townsend bay from Water Street (down at the clinic end of Water) and there was a lot of commotion out on the bay.  I spotted 8 elephants and a couple of zebras in the water. Dave Marriott showed up in another dream segment. I have no clue why but he appears every now and again. In this chapter, he was trying to teach me how to use this special remote control that would open doors. Everytime I pushed the red button, I would get a pain from a paper cut on  the tip of my finger.  Then I had a paper cut on a second finger and I was at a park of some sort and hunting for bandaids.  Everytime I put a bandaid on, it wouldn't stay on and I went through a whole series of steps trying to retrieve more bandaids.  Another chapter had me at the mill parking lot helping to arrange an antiques car show. 

I've always found dreams especially intriguing. Would love to know how to interpret some of the things I experience during the night but I suspect I've just got a jumbled mind.  Some nights are way more interesting than others.

My tongue was continuing to feel burnt and uncomfortable this weekend so I googled it again. This time I found a test you could do to see if you had a yeast infection.  Basically, you rinse your mouth out in the morning with water when you get up, and then you spit into a clear glass of water.  Within a half hour (if you have a yeast infection) the spit will have dangling strings going down into the water and there will be cloudy specks floating in the middle of the glass and cloudy residue sitting in the bottom.  I love science projects.  ha ha  Anyhow, I spit in my glass and apparently, I don't have a yeast infection. That's good.  Am going to the dentist a week from today.

Pat O'Day for Schick Clinic just came on again. What a cornball commercial that is.  I used to listen to him on KJR when I was a kid but he's no where as interesting now.

Oh brother! The Today Show has this dame sitting with three cute guys and her shirt is about to fall off her shoulders.  The topic is looking for your soulmate.  Give me a break! Time to switch the channel.  Back to Good Morning America. Carol Burnett is being interviewed and I'll give her the time of day anytime.  I see Betty White, Georgia Engle, Valerie Harper, Mary Tyler Moore, and Cloris Leachman are going to be on Katie Couric's show today. I'll probably watch that. I kinda like Katie's show.  Mary Tyler Moore is sure looking old, though.  I think she's had a facelift or two 'cause she doesn't look natural.

Hmmmm... Harrison Ford is up next. He's a year older than me but he's lookin' a whole lot better with that crooked smile of his.  I loved him in American Graffiti.  Okay..I'm rambling...time to get back to ancestry for a while.  I've got to track down John Stark. You wouldn't believe how many people share names.  I thought I had the right John but alas,  I think I was going down the wrong road.

Here's a short minute video I told Jenni I wouldn't post on my blog but I lied. Sammy's so cute. They had a great time at the REO Speedwagon concert but Sammy was beside himself with joy when they returned yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment