My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Better now...

I doctored myself up last night by taking an allergy pill (marked 'take at night as it makes you drowsy) and I kept the humidifier on high. Also used handy dandy Vicks for under my nose and forced myself to sleep with three pillows.  Woke up feeling a lot better although I'm still plenty stuffed up so maybe I'll make a Safeway run and pick up some Allegra D. Seems like I've taken that before and felt better.

I took advantage of my early morning energy and did a lot of household chores like sweeping and vacuuming, shaking out rugs, taking out trash, loading the dishwasher and tidying up here and there. Somehow I don't feel quite as guilty spending a lot of time online if I've cleaned up around here first.
I took all my hats, gloves, neck scarves and heavy coats and moved them from the entryway closet to the back bedroom closet.

At some point today, I'll probably start in on those large pots on the back deck but mostly I think I'm gonna play on ancestry again.  I've gotten discouraged with finding Jane Downs folks so I'm going to switch over and do my mother's adopted family and biological family. At least I'll have new stuff to look at.

I wrote to the Delaware archives to see if I could get a copy of Ben Downs' will which I thought might give me clues but they wanted $15 and I'm not willling to pay that when I don't even know for sure if this is the right Ben or if it will even mention his daughter, Jane, and who she was to live with. I'd like to try for guardianship papers if I can figure out where to look for them. I'll make that another project.

And thank you, by the way, to the four people who gave me tips on lawn care, mosss removal, deer repellent and what to plant.  I do appreciate your taking the time.

The kids are staying overnight Saturday (Sammy too) so maybe I'll use that day for garage cleanup. Unless we can get it done one day this week.  Mary and Andy are bringing me some shelves to get stuff up off the cement floor so I need to get the area ready.

Gotta set up my VCR for programming tonight. I like Mr. D (Canadian), The Middle, Modern Family, Law & Order, Chicago Fire, and my favorite -- Southland.  One of my Facebook friends has a nephew on the show tonight.  Also will probably watch the 11 a.m. New Day NW on Ch. 5 today. She's interviewing Cheryl Strayed, author of Wild.  A great read, by the way.





And an interesting commerical..




No comments:

Post a Comment