My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cold, Wet, Windy and Nasty!

An hour ago the sun was shining. A minute ago it was pouring and hail was coming down. Obviously, mother nature is going through the change. 

I've had Pandora music on since I got up. It's 5 p.m. and I have been on ancestry for HOURS!  I really am disappointed in my lack of will power to move about and do other things with my life.  It's so pathetic! 

I spent two hours yesterday getting ready to work on the pots on the back deck. After buying dirt and pansies and setting up my "sit down chair" it started to sprinkle and then got wetter and wetter so I called it a day.  Went outside this morning to inspect the wind damage. One pot fell off the porch and broke but it was a small pot and empty.

I set up all my bird feeder stakes in another corner of the yard this morning. Figured it would be easier to get them in that rock hard ground after the heavy rain but it was still a fight.  Now I'll have to wait and see if they stay upright. You can hardly see them in this picture but they're there.
I've only got a couple feeders hung 'cause I have to clean the others out with the hose and a wire brush.  It's a dirty project.

I made an early morning run to Safeway to gas up the car and took a quick spin through the store to buy some comfort food.  Picked out a pizza for tonight's dinner 'cause I don't feel like cooking and I've had leftovers all week long. Tomorrow, though, I'm gonna fix a nice pot roast.  I hardly ever do that.

With all the time I spent on ancestry today and all the different people I kept searching for data on, I ended up with nothing new.  Disappointing.  I'm just going to have to break down and visit the morman genealogy library across town. I'm not getting anywhere on my own.  I did email the Seattle schools today as I discovered one of my cousins was a teacher for several years in various Seattle schools. Seward, Queen Anne, and James Madison Jr. High. 

It's doubtful they'll have a picture of her from that far back (1920's-1940's) but you never know.....

I guess I'll look over my picture collection and see if there's anything new I could add to the ancestry file.  I noticed a lot of folks attached my Blankenship family portrait to their records.  That photo continues to puzzle me.  Mainly, the boy in front.  Certainly seems odd that I can't find a birth or death record for him.

I've even wondered if he's adopted.  I have another cousin who changed his last name altogether because he didn't like his mother.  ha ha  I never would have found him if I hadn't located one of his nephews in Olympia.  Drives me crazy that I have so few pictures.  But I need to move on.  There are more records on other family limbs.

My hummingbirds hung around all winter long. There's one sitting outside my window now.  Also noticed that hawk is back looking for dinner. He's been soaring the vacant lot across the street and another noisy crow is yakking him up as he watches his progress.  Yesterday while I was outside on the deck, I kept hearing this rat-a-tat-tat.  I grabbed my camera and walked a ways down the alley as I saw a bird on top of a telephone pole. I think it was a woodpecker.
And now for your listening pleasure......  hee hee





Okay. Time to move on down the line. I've got to make an effort to stay up as long as possible tonight. I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up.  Then I dozed from 5 to 7. Naturally, that made me feel groggy and out of sorts.  It's always something.

1 comment:

  1. bird id a flicker...a type of woodpecker. They LOVE to hammer on metal to attract a mate in the spring.

    ReplyDelete