My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

And April Begins...

I finally got around to changing my calendars today.  I used to have calendars in almost every room in the house but now I'm down to three places only.  I always look forward to flipping over into a new month just so I can see what picture awaits me.

Yesterday the twins came by (with the dog) and helped me get a few chores done. We were going to clean the garage but I was suffering with a stomach virus or something.  I put my coffee pot away to force myself to NOT make a morning pot -- just to see if it would help me feel better.  I'm pretty sure I don't have a sinus infection but I am definitely dealing with headache and a sore throat caused by post nasal drip.  Trying to develop a little cough too but I suspect it's allergies more than anything else.  Yesterday I had nausea and diarrhea (yeah, I share everything!) and I was really really cold.  This was especially annoying as it was super nice outside. Just the perfect day for getting out there to play in the dirt.  I sat in my recliner for hours wrapped in a blanket and wondering why I was so dang tired.  I'm still nauseated today so I assume it's sinus-related

I've also been dealing with a sore tongue, which according to google can be anything from a food allergy to a virus to a mouth problem.  I've been gargling with hydrogen peroxide but they say if it continues for more than two weeks, you have to make a dentist appt.  Which I'm way overdue for and I know it -- but I'm still giving it two weeks.

I went to the podiatrist this morning at 7:45 to see about my foot that has been bothering me off and on for months. He ended up giving me a cortisone shot and said the symptoms I complained about were quite common and he knew exactly what was going on. (sinus tarsi syndrome)  I'm hoping it will allow me to get outdoor chores done more easily.

I have to remember that I just plain can't do as much as I used to or as much as I think I'm still capable of.  Hunter weedeated all around the fence and Maddie helped me move rocks.  We got everything moved from the west side of the house back over to the east side. This area never sees the sun but hopefully, I can get it looking better than it does right now.
I weeded the two little areas in the front and we set up more rocks for a border. Now I have to figure out what I can plant out there that the deer won't eat.

I have this old beat up box that my dad made several years ago for the back of his pickup truck and it's handy to store yard tools, sprinklers, gloves, pots, etc. in.  It doesn't have a bottom and it's really looking pathetic. Hunter feels I should take it to the dump but it's still usable.
 
Later this week I'll work little by little on the pots I have on my deck. I think I'll dump the dirt out of each and clean it up before putting in new plants.  At one point I handed Maddie a little kids hoe that has a purple handle and said: Maddie would you put this hoe in the garage?
 
Hunter laughs. Maddie laughs. Gramma looks at them and says "What?!"
 
"Put this hoe in the garage!"  ha ha ha   That was funny.  They're at that age where the word HOE is funny.
 
Maddie had an orthodontist appt about the same time I was seeing the podiatrist across the street so Jenni dropped her at Safeway where I was shopping so I could take her home and Jenni could go back to work.  Jenni treated Maddie to a doughnut (and bought one for Hunter too) and Maddie was eating it on the way home.  I looked over at her and said: "Don't you think it's kind of strange to be eating pastry right after a dental appointment.?"
 
"Oh no. It's a family tradition. We always have bakery food after the dentist."   hee hee
 
Watched a pretty good movie on Netflix last night. "Another Happy Day" with Ellen Burstyn and Ellen Barkin. My neighbor, Yvonne, called this morning to tell me she has a new apartment in Olympia. She'll be moving April 18th.
 
 And here's The Wailin' Jennys............ 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment