My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another day sorting

I had kind of a fun day.  I've been meaning to sort through a box of "saved stuff" and dump what needs to be dumped and/or put things in a filing system so I can find it later.  Mostly it was my genealogy papers but I came across a whole lot of treasures that needed to be put in plastic sleeves and inserted in three-ring binders.  Will do more tomorrow

My neighbor, Yvonne, sold her house today so she wanted to go out to lunch to celebrate.  She'll be moving in April or May -- probably to the Olympia area.  We went to the Bushwacker and we both ordered the salad bar. I had a bowl of clam chowder with mine and she had a chocolate sundae for dessert.  We also had a glass of wine -- and boy, did it ever taste good!  I don't drink wine often.  I don't drink liquor much at all, as far as that goes.  Like to have a beer now and then and a mixed drink once in a blue moon. I don't recall being at the Bushwacker since 1996 when my daughter, Sue, got married there.

Just looked over the tv schedule for tonight. Kind of looks like a night of taping on two VCRs. PBS has a two-hour show on touring parts of Europe and the animal channel has something about the back woods? Hunter is lounging on the couch with his "device" and Maddie is home with the dog.  Jenni took off for scrapbooking camp for the weekend so Hunter opted to hang out here until Wayne gets off work.

The news is sure boring with a capital B today.  They're making entirely too much out of the Pope retiring.  Not the first time the networks develop a story out of "not much."  Giving Dennis Rodman airtime for hanging out with that kook from North Korea...PLEASE!  Who cares?!  You always know it's a slow news day when they run a story on obesity.  This time it was decided that American women are fat because they don't have to work as hard at housework as they did in the 50's.  Good Lord!  And kids don't walk as much as they did in the old days or play outside and no one walks much. Even most teens have cars, and we don't plant gardens and grow our own food the way we used to. Most don't even wash their own car anymore.  The list is endless.

And I won't even discuss congress and our politial leaders.  Too annoying for words.  And so is Diane Sawyer's voice!

Well, I guess I've complained enough for now.  Got a big kettle of homemade chili simmering on the stove and I think I'll go scoop up a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment