My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cat Fight

The neighbor next door has three cats.  The oldest one, a big black scruffy looking thing has been engaging an ongoing battle with me about where she sits to stalk my birds.  First thing in the morning I peek out the window of this room (the only window that looks out to the front and the street) to see if she's positioned herself under the bush near the porch to await the birds who come in to feed.

I open the door, she runs off and stands in her driveway as if to say "Catch me if you can!" The whole block across the street is bushes and scotch broom and weeds and trees.  A huge area she can hunt to her hearts' content.  Yesterday I saw her walking home with a big ole snake in her mouth that she had captured over there.  The grass is tall and I'm betting she doesn't want to get wet which is why she prefers the easy hunt of my yard.

Well, I got tired of this game long ago so today I gathered up "stuff" and set it around under the bush to discourage nesting there.

Looks cluttered and not at all professional but I'm at war here and have to use whatever ammo I can find.  I really need to get out there and pull weeds and weedeat.  I moved a couple bird feeders in the area this morning but I'll need to move them to the porch when I go to bed at night so the deer don't come feasting. Course I have to be real careful as this is how I managed to fall last July.  At least now I can just stand on the porch to move the feeders and I don't have to walk around out there.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get going on the weeds.

 this is how I decorate.....  Course those damn dandelions don't it justice.  Ha ha

Had an aid call near the house this morning.  Saw a fire engine and ambulance go by and they stopped over near the area where the wood choppers are working.  I half think it might have been my neighbor down the street who walks by every day with her dog, Cody.  Only reason I think that is because I heard a dog barking the whole time the ambulance was stopped.  The guy living next door to her had walked by earlier so maybe it was him.  I'll find out eventually.

Going to the doctor tomorrow morning.  Not my regular as I can seldom get in to see her on a timely basis.  I like this guy, though; I've been to him before.  Want to get my left leg/ankle checked out because I've noticed some edema.  Not a lot but enough that I noticed it was bigger than the right leg.
My poor body is just having a hell of a time with this aging process.  I really need to step it up and get some weight off.  And I wonder how many times I've said that through the years!

Just talked on the phone with Rennie Bergstrom who told me the story of his wife's family --the Blankenships. I'm going to research them a little but they were from Montana and Texas so I don't think it my line.  He had some interesting stories, though.

Went over to Phyllis Johnson Kendall's shop called Filbygolly that is a few blocks over.  She has nice stuff and has a sale a few times a year.  Does well too.  The place was busy with browsers.  Saw
Sharon Wiley working  there. Her and Phyl are friends from when Phyllis worked at the theatre in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment