My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

Just a short one tonight 'cause "Call the midwives" is coming on in less than an hour.
I went over to Jenni's for supper. Man, I love eating food other people have fixed. Always tastes so much better.  We had turkey tacos and one of the ingredients inside was this cucumber type salad with salsa.  Delicious! I had a beer and that tasted great too!

Decided I wanted to get a couple pictures of me wearing my wig (that doesn't fit that good) and then another not wearing the wig.  Both look like hell.  Gotta buy another wig.


I had Jenni take a picture of me and Maddie's hands as we each had a charm bracelet on.  What a stupid plan that was!  Like I needed a visual reminder that my hands look old and well....ugly!
After I got home, I realized I had left my camera so I had to go back.  Hunter used the opportunity to take 25  pictures with my camera before I got there.  Stupid pictures!  I deleted them all except two that I'm keeping to remind him of how he was at age 13.  One is giving me the finger with a very purple tongue sticking out.  The other has him mooning me!  Good Lord!  13-year-old boys are so gross.   I should post the moon picture anyhow just to teach him a lesson.  But I won't. Here's one of his more entertaining shots. (and this from a kid who gets straight A's!)

Here's a picture of a log design him and his girlfriend made last summer.  I think it's kinda neat.

I rode around town for a few minutes to take some pictures here and there. I'm going to have to invest in a better camera soon.  I've got dirt inside the lens and often get a big black spot where I don't want it.
Here's a large tree on 8th St that I often pass on my way downtown.

Here's the bowling alley (same place I bowled when I was in college in 1961) and the bank nearby that is where Jenni works now.


This last picture was taken on "Jenni's side" of the tree area they're clearing.  You can see the roofs of my neighborhood now.
Gotta give the house a good vacuuming now. Carpet cleaners are coming at 10 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment