My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Saturday, April 5, 2014

First Saturday of April

Well, I survived my MRI.  I did take a couple of pills an hour earlier and I'm sure that helped.  I had a cloth over my eyes and the closeness of the tube wasn't that big an issue as it's been in the past.  I did, however, suffer through the whole thing.  Not because of claustrophobia but because my right shoulder was KILLING ME!  I should have had a pillow or towel placed under my arm/shoulder area but I was so intent on being brave that I forgot how much it hurts to lay on my back with nothing under my arms.
More than once, I had to bite my tongue and not request to be brought out so we could adjust for the pain.  I knew that meant we'd have to start over and I decided that wasn't an option I was willing to go through.

Jenni brought me on home (after a drive-thru at Jack in the Box so I could pick up a hamburger for supper) and I settled into my recliner to watch Doc Martin and one episode of Dexter.  I heated up the rice pad and turned on the heating pad and was thankful the ordeal was behind me.  I went to bed around 10 and managed to sleep through the night.  I'm sure the pills had something to do with that but it's been so long since I actually got to stay in my bed all night long, I was very thankful.

April is starting out with "can't make up its mind weather."  Looks like more of the same today.  Sunny a bit and then gray with rain.  I don't care.  I'm concentrating on my indoor hobbies right now anyhow.
Finding Charlie Blankenship, for example.  So frustrating but I'll write about that on my genealogy blog instead.

I've got a load of laundry in the dryer and that will be the extent of housework for today.  I plan on making scalloped potatoes for supper with ham chunks in it -- and whatever else catches my fancy.

I may set up my sewing machine on the kitchen table tomorrow and work on a quilt.  Have to be in the right frame of mind, as well as have some energy.  Sewing isn't that easy if your body is tired. There's a lot of up and down activity.  Gees, but I'm sounding more like an old granny every day. Ha!

I've done nothing but yawn ever since I sat down here.  Even with two cups of coffee, I'm thinking I got up too early.  There was a time when I was at my tip top best early but not lately.  Naps have become my priority.  And I find that disturbing because I've got things to do and no time to waste.

Gonna make a quick Walgreen's run later on to pick up a 5x7 reprint I had made up of a picture Mary sent me.  I wanted one of all four grandkids and this is the one I chose...
Your life certainly passes through your mind when you see your grandchildren at different stages of their life.  I remember in 1989 when Catie was an infant and toddler.  I could get on my hands and knees then and I was on the floor a lot to play with her.  In 2000, Hunter and Maddie as infants was just happiness all over again and the awe and amazement that two babies had come into our family all at once. And then, joy of all joy, along comes Jacob in 2014 - a huge blessing and surprise for the whole family.  I do think having grandchildren is the happiest period of my life.

Although you'd never know it to hear me complain about the body parts that are forever reminding me that I'm no spring chicken anymore.  You gotta take the good with the bad.  I'm fine with that.

And here's 11 of my favorite dog pictures I saw on Facebook...











No comments:

Post a Comment