My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lawn Cutting Day

So glad the sun stuck around for another day. Hunter is going to cut my lawn this afternoon.  First, though, I have to convince him to get up.  I'll wait.  It's going to be wretched work. I'll have to post before and after.

Trip into Port Townsend was tiring.  I knew it would be but I was glad I made the effort. I didn't take many pictures.  I suspect because I was preoccupied with my shoulder hurting so dang much.  Had bad wake-up pain at 1 and 4 a.m. and I've got my hopes on the orthopedic guy figuring out what the problem is.  I think I'll go back to the chiropractor this week too since I can't get into Dr. Ortho until next month!

I've already posted these on facebook but I know several people don't visit that website.  (You should, though; you never know when interesting photos are going to be posted)
 a view of 19th Street from Judi Robbins' apartment across the street from Kai Tai Care Center.
 My Uncle Jim's old house at the bottom of 19th.  I spent many years playing here.
 A view of the swamp (which actually looks awfully nice)
 Mountain view from Walmart parking lot in Sequim
 Cousins Tiffany (and her son Karston) from Albany. This is my cousin Denny's youngest daughter. She's always reminded me of my cousin Sue.  I wish we lived closer. I know we'd be pals.

 Sue's boy, Tyler Johnson and his daughter Lydia talking to Barb Hicks Kennedy.  Was so nice to see  Barb and her husband, Mike.
Another view of the mountains -- just because I love looking at them.

I stopped in to visit Judi Robbins and took a picture of her on her deck. I wouldn't mind living there.
Here's the one I took yesterday and another from the same spot a few years back.

I picked up a couple of Redskin shirts for a friend of mine and bought myself a PT shirt while downtown.  A tad overpriced but I wanted it.

I was too tired to cook dinner last night so the twins and I went to Safeway and all picked what we wanted from the deli. Hunter had spent the day working in his backyard clearing tree branches and such, while Maddie's day was spent at a softball jamboree at Lincoln Park.

Here's two more "perfect timing" pictures I got in an email last week...


My cousin, Cindy, wrote me a memory piece recently and I decided to share on my blog. I love her writing.

Life is funny...As I grow (older...Yes, I do), I learn things, but mostly I reflect on things.

I grew up in a huge house on the water; mother had a glorious dining room with all her nice things...A buffet full of linens and silverware, a china cabinet filled with her good dishes and serving bowls and glassware.  I had no appreciation for what she had when I was a kid. I used to grumble when she'd drag out all her good china and set a pretty table every Sunday.  I grumbled because somebody, ME, was going to have to help put it all back.  "Mom", I'd say, "JUST put the potatoes on the table in the pot, don't dirty a bowl!"  She'd have none of that, but it made perfect sense to me.  Today, it does not make perfect sense, as I prepare a birthday luncheon for my beautiful daughter-in-law.  No pots on the table people.  This is a class act.   Yes, I have nice things.  I have china and silverware.  I have serving dishes and yes I have her china cabinet.  But I have no dining room.  

This  is  a recent photo her sister, Marlee, sent me when she was out walking in Gig Harbor....

 Here's a couple Mary sent me of  when they took his folks to Snoqualmie Falls.


Oh....found two more I wanted to share.  Rick Crawford took this one at the funeral yesterday of Tiffany, Mike, Karston, and Barbara.
And George Cadero sent me this one of a Seattle scene.  Terrific  shot!
I ended up buying a $24 pair of sunglasses yesterday.  Normally, I wouldn't spend that much but my old
clunky (put on over your regular glasses) just weren't doing the trick.  The glare from other cars while driving gave me a headache and I realized my old cheap glasses (which always looked dorky anyhow) needed to be replaced.  If I ever get my hair looking halfway decent, I'll post a picture of the old ones and the new ones.  Don't hold your breath, though.  My hair never looks worth a darn these days.

The traffic in PT  continues to be an irritant!

No comments:

Post a Comment