My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Rain is back

Woke up to gray skies this morning but I know warmer weather is on the way sooner or later.  I didn't even attempt to go to bed last night and sacked out in the recliner as soon as I watched a Dexter episode.  I think I'll probably keep this routine until we get to the bottom of whatever is amiss.

I baked a carrot cake today. I think it was my first one. Maybe my second.  I didn't like the looks of the carrots in the fridge so I decided to bake them instead of tossing them all.  Smells pretty good.  I cut the recipe in half because I only wanted one layer.

Turned on GMA and noticed the guy they hired to replace Josh Elliott looks like a clone of Josh Elliott. I've become dissatisfied with both GMA and Today, and find myself turning them off fairly quickly.
Watched Dancing with the Stars last night and while I like to see the dancing, it sure is getting hard to stomach all the personalities on there.  Everyone (except Derek, my favorite) seems to be really puffed up with themselves.  Course I guess that's the whole point.  Showing off.

Been listening to the sound of chain saws, big trucks, and falling trees all week.  That nearby block is clearing out fast. I wish it was across the street so I could watch it more easily.  Timber work is interesting.

Big news (but not to me) is that Barbara Walters announced AGAIN that she's retiring soon.  Just go already!  Will be nice to not run across her annoying voice on tv but I would bet money she'll still be in front of the cameras.

Interesting thing I saw on Facebook today....

And here's a couple cartoons I got from Linda Farina in Tenn:


And here's a shot of how my old kitchen on San Juan Avenue looks now....
Saw Mary Norton on FB today.  (so now I know where she is)  Cute Mary!
And here's a couple pictures of the twins in an air tunnel they like to go to when they visit their aunt and uncle.  The first picture is Hunter and second is Maddie.




No comments:

Post a Comment