My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wanting to get outside

I can't seem to get out of first gear today.  I will never take a good nights sleep for granted. Ever!  It's been a long time since I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.  I miss that and I intend to get it back!  It's well known that patience isn't my strong suit.  I seem to be getting worse with each birthday I get to celebrate.

Tomorrow morning I get my third chiropractor adjustment and in the afternoon, my first massage in maybe two decades. I've got my fingers crossed that something good will happen.  I've done nothing but yawn all day long, and my neck and shoulders are so sore, even the recliner didn't welcome me.  I'm also dealing with a little earache that comes and goes.  I have to think it's all tied to one another.

Sammy is visiting me today.  Mostly he's taking advantage of the sun and sleeping on my back porch.  He's also letting all the neighborhood dogs know that he's here.  One bark from any one of them sends him into  action as he runs down to the back fence and says "I'm here! I'm here!"

He started off his day by napping in his bed in my back closet.  He's such a perv sometimes.  I caught him taking my underpants out of the laundry basket and rolling his head in them.  He's always done this. Not just with undies but with wash cloths and towels and socks, etc.  Silly dog!  I gave him his teddy bear but I guess his tastes are x-rated.

Earlier today I was outside looking over my pathetic pots on the side of the house that I have to clean up and plant with flowers (as soon as my body is willing).
I left this side of the house and walked around the corner to the back steps when all of a sudden, I heard Sammy yelp like he was either hurt or scared half to death.  He came running so I went back to investigate my pots and see if something was there that didn't need to be.  I pulled out each pot from the wall expecting a rat to come scurrying out. Thank God I found nothing.  It was still puzzling, though, as the dog was definitely in distress.

Three cats live on the other side of that fence but they'd run from him, not the other way around so I don't know what spooked him.  Maybe the wind blew some of the old flower stalks.  I still intend to keep my eyes peeled -- and to get those pots cleaned up and moved!

The yellow jackets that have built a nest under my steps are still active although the spraying I did killed a couple. I haven't quite figured out the best way to discourage their presence.
As I walked around the yard, I could see I am overdue for a mowing.  And a great deal of weeding.   I sure hope my shower chair will be steady enough for me to on sit as I work my way along the fence. Going to take me a while.  Here's how it looks now and how it looked last spring.


Forced myself to go to bed after one Dexter episode last night.  One was all I could take.  What an ending.  Funny thing is, the character that got killed off (although a nice person) was very annoying to me and I kept hoping she would disappear.  I didn't think she'd get killed off quite that dramatically.

The twins rode a Rocket bus yesterday to go visit Mary and Andy during their spring break. Their schedule (which made me chuckle when I read Jake's activities) goes something like this:
 
Wednesday:
Hangout.  They are playing with the www.singtrix.com now.
Coulon Park:Kidd Valley or Ivars for lunch; walk along water with Jake
Hunter mowing lawn to earn money for jeans
Pizza for dinner
Jake to bed
Hunter & Andy to movie:  Need for Speed
Maddie & Mary chick flick at home
 
Thurs:
Jake to daycare
Mall (I'm getting my hair done.  Kids will be on their own)
Dinner
Jake to bed
Mary & Maddie and maybe Catie to Divergent
 
Friday:
Jake to daycare
Indoor rock climbing w/Mary (afternoon)
Jake to bed
Indoor sky diving (6PM with Andy)
Dinner
 
Saturday
Breakfast at golf course
Driving range
Ferry  1:10 ferry.  Jenni - pick up at 1:30 in Bainbridge. 

Mary sent me a couple pictures of Maddie and Jacob but Maddie only gave me permission to show one on my blog.
I wrote on my Alumni and Town Kid blog today after reading another article in the Leader about the Redskins name being retired.  Irks me no end! 

Think I'm going to watch some more YouTube videos on how to search ancestry.com.  There's just so much to learn to search successfully.  I wish I could retain what I learn but the brain cells are as tired as I am lately.

Today would be my Aunt Lillian's 89th birthday.  I miss my aunts and uncles.  A lot!  And the folks.
And cousins and old friends.  I got a 90th birthday invitation yesterday so I may travel into PT next month.  I need to get some more Town Kid books down to Maricee's as she sold the half dozen I dropped off.

I thawed out a pound of hamburger yesterday so now I have to figure out something  to make for dinner. I really DISLIKE cooking these days.  Comes from eating alone, I suppose.  Have to be in the mood to read cookbooks and find new things to try.  I'd just as soon grab ole Marie Callender from the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment