My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I love The Music Man

For some reason I have ALWAYS loved this song from The Music Man.



This morning, another Music Man song popped into my head and I had to go to You Tube and listen.

Not much to report. Wrote letters and emails, worked on ancestry.com, surfed the net, worked a crossword puzzle, took a nap, and now I'm gonna fix supper.

Naps seem to have become a part of my daily routine.  I'm not always pleased about it either. Waste of time because I have things to do.  Yet... I still know my body wants more rest.  I just resent it.  I've also noticed that more than once, I've had a hell of a time forcing myself to get up after an hour (sometimes longer) of sleeping in my recliner.

My dad slept a lot in his later years.  Perhaps that's what I'm thinking about.  He died in April five years ago.  Since I sleep in the room he had, his memory is always with me.  I don't know why I can't just go with the flow and accept the fact that age happens, the body tires, habits change, and blah blah blah. I need to lighten up.  Both mentally and physically.  ha ha  And just typing those words makes me want to eat.  Yep!  Definite eating  disorder.

Here's pictures:


Well, the yawning has kicked in again so I'd best get up and get moving.  That's another thing I hate about naps.  You feel groggy and tired afterwards.  I wonder if I need vitamins or at least some vitamin in particular.  Fatigue is such a common symptom, you can't even google it.

Here's a view from my sliding glass door a few minutes ago ....


No comments:

Post a Comment