My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, April 18, 2014

Up Early Today

I tried again last night to convince my body that she'd enjoy a night of sleep in bed instead of in the recliner.  I even sat up in bed to read a while (and I haven't done that in ages).  I was feeling okay so I thought for sure I was going to get to stay put.  But nope.  Within minutes, my shoulders, neck and arms were uncomfortable to the point where I knew I had to switch back to the recliner.  So be it.  At least for now.

Even going to sleep has its own ritual now.  Depending on whether I'm chilly or too warm, I have to have a certain pair of pajamas, have to have my fleece blanket (or my comforter),  have to have water next to the chair, have to have heated rice packs for my shoulders and neck, have to have certain socks on, and now I've added "have to have a heating pad nearby."  Lordy!   How did this happen?

I  woke up at 5:30 and even though I was still plenty tired, I thought I'd try something different today and get up and get moving.  I sleep walked through the house opening blinds, putting away blankets, starting the coffee pot, etc. etc.  I knew I had some genealogy work to do online and I was kind of anxious to get on with it.

I've had so little success finding my great uncle Charlie that I switched gears and went back to my g. grandmother, Jane Downs' side of the family.  I decided to concentrate on her sister, Henrietta Morris, since I have a copy of a letter that Henny wrote her sister in 1896.  Much to my delight, I received a message back from a woman I found on ancestry who was researching this line of my family as well.
We've been emailing and she sent me what data she has on Henrietta (who is her g.g. grandmother)

I got an email from a close friend of my daughter, Mary, who in turn, has a friend that is selling "my old pink house."  She has an offer on the house, and said the realtor would give me a tour before the sale is final if I can get to town before May 5.  Well, I just happen to be going to town on May 4 so I intend to take that tour.  Anybody want to tag along?  Might as well make it worth the realtor's time.

I keep thinking I want to head over to the Deer Park Theatre this weekend to catch a matinee.  I'll  have to read the reviews first, though.  Going to the movies is hard on my budget unless I'm definitely entertained.  Want to see Noah.

I started reading a book my James Michener last night.  A memoir called "The world is my home."  What little I've read so far has held my interest.

Oh dear, I've done nothing but yawn for the last hour.  I know what that means.  Another nap on the agenda.  Sigh.....

Pictures for the day:





No comments:

Post a Comment