My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Busy morning

I woke up feeling rested for a change.  When it happens, I notice!  I read the Leader online (my usual Wednesday morning ritual) but didn't see too much of interest. Did see the guy I marched with at graduation, though--Les Walden.  I had a nice hot breakfast.  My preferences for breakfast have changed lately.  I suppose it  depends on your mood.  Haven't been interested in pancakes, for some reason.  Used to be, I'd jump at the chance to gobble up pancakes.  Now I like a poached egg on toast. Since I'm trying to avoid dairy, I don't eat yogurt anymore but since almond milk is available, I do have a bowl of dry cereal now and again.  I know.  It's one of those "boring blog days".  Sorry about that.

Poor ole Hunter is having to navigate on crutches with a backpack.  He wanted to be dropped off nearer his first class so I got to pull in to the parking lot that used to be my college in 1961.  First thing I saw was a couple in a lip lock.  I don't think we did that when I went to school.  At least I don't recall ever seeing it. I know I wasn't doing it. Nobody was interested in locking with my lips! And I suspect teachers would have been on any couple that practiced it.  I drove by slowly and (for Hunter's benefit) I did the same thing my dad would do when he saw teens kissing in public.  Using  my high squeaky ole lady voice, I said:  Oh, I'm sooooo in love!"  Dad used to say that at the drive-in movie too.  I volunteered to get out and help Hunter with his backpack and crutches but he quickly insisted NO!  Probably because a lot of teenage boys were loitering nearby.  Ha Ha

I made a quick run to Walgreens to pick up reprints of the mill retirement luncheon I went to on Monday. I'll post a few here but there are 5 dozen of them so you'll have to go to Facebook if you want a looksee.  (And really...Facebook is easy and I'm betting you'll like it)

I stopped at Safeway too and on the way home, I drove slowly just looking around at stuff.  Saw a few people walking their dogs and one very pretty and shiny aqua Edsel!  Very cool.  I remembered that we had dropped off Sammy at my house before going to the school so I scooted on home.  He was very happy to see me.  Ran through the house and even got his stuffed toy dog to toss in the air. Usually he doesn't show much interest in it.

The luncheon in PT was a lot of fun but a tad too crowded for the amount of people attending.  One thing I hate about large functions is that you get home and realize just how many people you didn't really get to visit with at all!  Social hour passed quickly and once we were seated, there was no roo to get up. Food was good, though. It always is and they gave away a lot of cool prizes.  Linda P won the cash raffle of $150+.  She was sitting between me and my ex husband.

I cleaned out my fridge this morning by throwing everything in the crockpot to make a soup.  Not sure how it's gonna taste but it smells fine.  Plus, it means I don't have to cook for a few nights. On the way home from the luncheon, I pulled in on an impulse to Dairy Queen in Sequim.  Hadn't been to a DQ in quite a while and wanted a soft ice cream cone.  Much to my delight, the voice coming over the intercom told me it was DQs birthday and all ice cream cones were FREE!  Hey!  I can live with that!

Oh swell---- TV preview of Ellen today shows Justin Bieber coming on.  Definitely won't watch.  Irks me how he's coming back as bad boy turned good boy and everyone is welcoming him.  People are dumb.  I watched Dancing with the Stars last night. Fast forwarded through most of it and suspect I' losing interest.  Seems to be my routine with just about anything I watch anymore.  I lost interest in Survivor, The Amazing Race, Modern Family, and even the Good Wife is kinda not that great.  Even Wheel of Fortune.  Hmmm...wonder if it's time I went to the 'other side' and became a reader.  I do like reading. I just can't seem to stay focused and I get sleepy.

Saw a picture that my cousin, Cindy, shared on Facebook of her office crew's St. Patricks Day layout.
Man!  I want to work there.
And speaking of food, I came across a website on FB that showed cute ways food can be prepared. Amazed me how creative people can be.









I didn't have green on yesterday so I went to my jewelry box and pulled out my little green pin I've had for years.  Not that it mattered. I didn't see one person yesterday. And today?  I just this minute realized I'm wearing a green shirt and green sweat pants.  Hmmmm....

When I came out of Safeway this morning, I didn't see my car where I thought I had parked it. I did a double take and was amazed that a couple of "stolen car" dreams I've had came to the forefront of my mind.  It was like I was right back in the dream.  My car was there, of course.  Just in a different row.
Fascinated me, however, how that dream appeared so quickly. Most dreams just fade away.

I was going to add potatoes to my crockpot soup but I had too many other things in there and they wouldn't fit so I cut them up for french fries.  Been a long time since I fixed fries.  They were pretty good although I had to share with Sammy.  (and now my house smells)
Here's what Mary posted that they wore for St. Patrick's Day....

Now I'll go find a few photos of the luncheon to post...
                                                  Linda Pedersen & Joanne Gilles
                                    Harold Rogers, Jerry Bundy, Bill Mcintire, Don Johnson
                                                      Joe Higdon, Alyce Hansen
                                                          Stan Schaff and his wife
                                                               Cheri & Pete Germeau
                                        Connie Matthes, Carolyn Guiher, Jane Schwencke
                                           Cindy Kobetich, John & Penny Baldridge  (my ex)
                                                            Carol & Pat Plaster
                                           Jim Moody, Duane Zeits, Vern Bishop
                                                               Ginger Jacobsen
                              Kurt Lamberton, Bill Mcintire, Pat Lamberton
                                                 Roxie & Buddy Rogers
                                                                  Ron & Ruby Wise
                                Harry Fishel, Mike & Kathleen Dillon,Anita Lockhart
                                          Mike Miller & Ann Marie Fountain
                                 Ernie Pelham, Joanne Gilles, Cathy Louck, Mary Norton

Decided I wanted to change the look of my blog a little bit but man, it took me a while to play around with the pictures so they'd fit where I wanted them to.  Off to ancestry. com now.  I checked some Family Tree Magazines out of the library the other day and now I have more tips to follow up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment