My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sorting photos

Once I sat down to work on this project of filing pictures on my hard drive, it became kind of fun.  I'm still not done but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Gonna work on FRIENDS today and maybe PLACES.  At some point, I need to begin scanning in other photos I have in filing boxes and scrapbooks.

I got an email reply from a cousin in MD (never met) but I saw her name on Facebook and remembered that I had contacted her years ago through the ancestry.com email site.  Thankfully, she wrote back and I'm hoping we can share data.  One person I've been researching is Inez Stark.  Her mother, Georgia, was my grandpa's oldest sister.  Georgia and Jake had hotels in various towns in Oregon and Inez was a teacher.  (In Oregon and Washington)  Anyhow, I've tracked her journeys here and there and always wondered why she was in Baltimore when she died back in 1986.

When I looked over my notes, I realized that this cousin in Maryland lived very close to Baltimore so that had to be a connection.  She  thinks she has Inez's obit somewhere so I've got my fingers crossed.

Next Tuesday I'm babysitting Maggie, a very lovable dog of my son-in-law, Wayne's dad.  Ed has been having health issues and Kathy has a doctor appt in Winslow that day hoping they can get some answers.  Maggie will come here and spend the time with me and Sammy.   If I could find a dog like Maggie, I'd get one tomorrow.  She's an older dog, very pretty, and very friendly. Just the right size too.  Not big but not small.  I'll take pictures.

I went to Safeway this morning because I wanted to compare prices on what I bought at Walmart yesterday.  I took the time to write everything down (ten items) and came home to play with the numbers.  Discovered I saved $8.43 buying at Walmart.  They beat Safeway on all items except two, and those two items were only a penny different.

Sitting here near the sliding glass door and keeping an eye on my pots, two that have tulip bulbs in them.  My pink one bloomed and it looks like another might open next week.  I've got to get out there and scrub those pots soon but I'm just in the mood yet.

Jenni fell on her butt a couple days ago and bruised her tail bone real bad.  She's in a world of hurt and has been told it might take a while to feel better.  She can barely navigate some tasks.  She tripped on uneven ground in her yard.  A moss clump I think.

Well, dinner is leftovers (half a cornish game hen, potatoes, peas, and corn muffin) so I'm free to do whatever I darn well feel like the rest of the day.  And you know what that means --- genealogy, jigsaw puzzle, and filing photos.  Yeah, it's an active life I live on my butt.

Here's some more photos I received in an email...
              Abe Lincoln in 1840, same year my g.grandmother, Jane Downs was born                                        
 CJ Walker in 1858 - 1st black woman to become millionaire under her own works
                                               1896 Henry Ford in his first  car
                               1931 - 1st Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, NY
                                                                     1940 - 1st computer

No comments:

Post a Comment