My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Morning Coming Down

I woke up with a horrible headache at 4 am.  This has been going on for about two weeks and while I'm pretty sure it's related to sinus or allergies or whatever, it's been a damn nuisance.  I hooked up my cool air mist humidifier last night hoping it would help some but it was no use.  I know I'm sleeping with my mouth open cause I'm all stuffed up and I have drool marks and crud hanging off my chin. Oh yeah, it's a real pretty sight to see me in the morning!

I moved to my recliner 'cause I was still very tired and sometimes sleeping  upright helps.  I do have one of those large triangle foam pillow wedges but it's hard to fall asleep that way so I've stuck it in the closet. Perhaps I'll pull it out and try again tonight.  I'm useless if I don't get a good nights' sleep.  Not that I actually recall getting a good nights sleep in some time.

I think I had some bad dreams too 'cause I stayed in my recliner until almost 8 a.m. and didn't want to get up.  I had a little depression hanging around the outside edges and knew it wasn't the rain 'cause I  like the rain.  Figured it was a dream or my subconscious creeping to the forefront telling me I'm going to regret it if I don't get myself into a dentist pretty soon.  I wondered if my headaches were related to that but I pushed the idea away as one I didn't want to embrace.

I'm not really having toothaches but I do have now and then discomfort around the gum area where I fell and broke my front tooth when I fell down. That whole area was numb for a long time and I know I'm going to have to look into it sooner or later.  I need to win on my Hit 5 ticket first, cause every time I go to  the dentist, he cleans out my savings account.  But enough on me...more about me.

I had an email sitting in my hotmail account this morning and it cheered me up BIG TIME!  It was from this guy in Oregon (a cousin I've never met) who wrote:

We are going through some old pictures and such.  We have an ancient photo album from about the year 1900. It even has a wooden cover.  Several pictures are about 8x10.  They are all of members of the Blankenship family.  Most of them are individual portraits. Would you like this album?  Do you know any of the Blankenships that might like to have it? I could bring it to you or take it to them.
 I have another picture that is very small, only about 4x4. The best that I can tell is that is a Blankenship family from about 1930.  There nine people in the picture and one of them is very thin.  Would you happen to have a similar picture, only larger?
 Our family went to Victoria in about 1948 and I remember stopping to visit your(?) family in Port Townsend. As I remember it was dark and we were outside and the visit was short.


This cousin and I have written before so I knew who he was, but his talk of an album especially intrigued me.  His grandmother, Henrietta, was a sister to my Grandpa Lew Gene, who lived down on Kuhn Street.  I can hardly wait to see these photos.

Which reminds me, I have to make a Walgreens run this morning to pick up some reprints I ordered.
I took one of Hunter yesterday when I stopped in over there and saw another on Facebook of a race Maddie was in (and won in her age group).


I finished watching the third season of House of Cards last night.  There's a couple guys on there I'd like to see done in.  They deserve it.  Now I have to sit tight and wait until next year for Season 4. I don't like the way this new routine has taken hold of making us wait. Reminds me of the old days on TV when we had to wait for the next episode of Captain Midnight.

I made a quick library run yesterday and picked up four genealogy magazines and 2 books on counted cross stitch.  I've been crocheting an afghan of 4 different shades of green but I'm kind of in the mood for doing some hand sewing too.  Every time I go into the back bedroom, my stack of material waiting for me hollers my name.

Making a meat loaf for supper with leftover pea salad I made earlier in the week. Man, was it good!
My jigsaw puzzle is half done so I've got all my little projects surrounding me as I sit out the rain.
Tomorrow I head to PT and have four stops to make. Longest stop will be at Roadhouse 20 for the CZ retirement luncheon where I'll be taking pictures. I heard 119 people signed up this year. 

Have to stop by my sister's to pick up a book; stop by Ruth's to see if her Facebook page is loading correctly, and stop downtown at William James Bookseller Book Store at 829 Water Street to drop off four of my Town Kid books. So happy he agreed to let me display them at his store. The owner, Paul Stafford, graduated with Mary and his shop is really a quaint place to visit.  The kind of old book store you see in movies.
So go down and give it a look see. And don't forget to pick up Town Kid, on the shelf with books about Port Townsend history.

No comments:

Post a Comment