My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday at Home

Got to see both granddaughters today.  Catie stopped in to help me with some computer questions I had and then she made a quick run to Safeway to pick us up sandwiches for lunch.  I only had tuna or pb&j and neither of those sounded all that inviting (to either of us).  She showed me an easier way to transfer my photos from file to file.  My collection continues to grow and pretty soon I have half a dozen "miscellaneous folders" that need to be filed.  I enjoy doing that and will begin tomorrow.

She also instructed me (probably again 'cause I forget) how to use text boxes and move pictures around with text.  Another thing she taught me was how to delete pictures all at once from my phone. I never can remember how that phone operates with its apps and such.  I thought I was the only one who missed having a phone with push buttons instead of the "smart phone" type screen in use now so I was surprised when she said she didn't care for using the phone this new way either.

She's pretty savvy on the computer. Said that was one reason her boss liked her.  Now if she can just find another job real quick like, all will be good. Her company was bought out and she was let go. Or will be come May 1st but she'll get a couple months severance and good recommendations so that will help.  I took a picture of her and Maddie (who came over to earn some money doing housework) but I should have taken a second shot as mine came out blurry. Hate it when that happens.

I noticed Catie had two different colored socks on. She said she wasn't really making a statement. It was more a matter of lazy dressing. Ha!  She was so relieved that the craft fair was behind her as it was kind of stressing her out with all the preparation it took.

Another thing she helped me with was getting a good  counted cross stitch picture from a book I have. My scanner just wasn't giving me a copy good enough to use and Catie suggested I take a picture with my camera of the page and then insert the picture onto a word document so I could print it. Wah Laa!  Worked like a charm.

Here's her calling card....
I finished my puzzle called 'Dad's Shop' so tomorrow I'll set out one I have with a jungle scene---or maybe a bird one Joyce Lee gave me.
My tulip finally bloomed so that's nice to look out on as I sit here at my laptop.
And here's one from Facebook that I liked and some others I received in an email.
                                                                    I just love  this idea
                                                              Country store in NC in 1939

                                                       1st baseball team shot in 1858
                                                 1st ferris wheel in 1893 at worlds fair

                                               1st neon sign in Las Vegas - 1941

                                                             1962 photo of the Beatles

Hunted around on Netflix and Amazon Prime last night trying to find something that interested me.
I finally settled on Season 6 of Sons of Anarchy.  I just love all those 'seen better days' beaten-up old biker guys.  The uglier the better.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Since Maddie cleaned my house, tomorrow is a free day that I intend to use sitting on my butt looking for old relatives.  An added note...Catie told me that games of solitaire were invented online so people would learn how to drag and drop.


No comments:

Post a Comment