My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 23, 2015

Thinning out the photos

Surely, I've counted wrong.  (but I don't think so)

I decided I was going to get my photos in better order on my computer today.  I had so many "miscellaneous" folders and stuff just put any ole where that I knew I was overdue at tackling this chore.  Just for fun (cause I knew I was going to have to delete some photos of the newest grandson) I took a tally of the Jake folders I've continually added to.  I was approaching 600. What?!  That can't be.  Or can it?  Yeah, probably.  Much as I hate the thought, I really don't need that many poses of him doing the exact same thing he did a minute ago. Ha Ha

I did manage to get the entire photo library down to FOUR FOLDERS -- Family, Friends, Places and Miscellaneous.  'Course each of those four folders has many sub-folders.  The family folder, for example, lists My cousins, My kids, My grandkids, My siblings, and Me.  Yep!  Got a folder on myself and it is sooooo pathetic.

Since I've been organizing my genealogy files for some time, I have a lot of family photos over in that section away from the "regular photo file."  I made a folder of each aunt and uncle and within that folder, I put each of their kids, grandkids, where they lived, etc. It trimmed down my photo library a tiny bit but I still have to organize both areas.  (It's hard being a Virgo sometimes)

I've got a whole lot more rearranging and new folders to make too.  Port Townsend has a folder (within the PLACES folder) but I need to make sub folders in there too.  This is getting way too complicated.  I think I'll stop for a bit and let my brain rest.

I did write a short piece on my Town Kid blog at the Leader this morning.
Go to www.ptleader.com  and at the top, click on blogs.  Scroll down to Town Kid and you'll see "Tales I'll Never Hear".

Here's a couple of the pictures I came  across....
One of my favorites of Sammy is him sitting here watching Wayne cook hotdogs out in the yard.  Cracks me up everytime.

And this next one is an example of pictures I really didn't need to keep but they caught my fancy.
                                                               An old library card

I even have 3 Chimacum HS yearbooks scanned in.  Here's one of my pal, Susie Bishop, who had a birthday last Saturday.  Happy Birthday you old bag!





No comments:

Post a Comment