My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday the 13th

Had a good time visiting with friends in Port Townsend yesterday, but as usual, I'm pretty darn tired  today.  Oh well, I've come to expect this routine.  I'll attach a few pictures  --even though they're kind of all the same-- they're still fun to look at.  I also shot a one minute video so I think I'll go over to YouTube and see if I can find it.  I've got about dozen videos posted there but half the time, I can't find my page.  Well, I just found  43 videos I've posted  searching under my name. Most are short and most are really really stupid!  ha ha




We had a nice 2-hour+ visit with Sharon Ryan Husmoe and her friend, Bonnie Shaffer. They flew up from Phoenix to attend a celebration of life service for Sharon's husband, Jerry, who passed away recently.  Bonnie and Sharon have been friends for many years. I think they met when Sharon worked for the Everett School District and Bonnie (who is from New Jersey) ended up moving to Phoenix near Sharon and Jerry.  It was nice meeting her. Sharon brought a yummy marionberry pie and a beautiful vase of roses for Ruth, but I forgot to take a picture of it.


                                     me, Sharon, Ruth, Linda, Liz (and Bonnie in the mirror)






                                    Ellen came a little later after her hike
                                                         We're being silly now
              Ruth looked over her fridge to find pics of the grandkids she wanted to share
I should have shut the curtain in this room so the photo resolutions would have been better. I've got to pay more attention. This is Liz who had on a very cool outfit of studded tights and boots with a black coat and pretty scarf.  I, on the other hand, wore my green Port Townsend t shirt with a ferryboat on it.

I had to make a quick stop at Sequim Wal-Mart to pick up some pills the doctor suggested I try for my tummy problem. Ran into an old neighbor I had when I lived at Green Acres.  We discussed how much the place has changed over the years. Maybe one person still there from the days we paid lot rent on the place. She moved a little while after I did, and like me, was glad to be rid of the landlord.

Once I settled in for the evening, I turned on Netflix to watch a couple more episodes of House of Cards.  I'd been annoyed with these Spanish subtitles that popped up whenever a text message was shown on the screen and come to find out (thanks to Googling it) that several other people wondered what was going on with that too.  There was a long discussion thread running about how to get rid of it but it was a little over my head with the techy directions as you had to know what model and system your Roku device was.  (that was declared the reason for the sub-titles--a problem quirk with certain Rokus.)

Grandson Hunter was mowing his grandpa's lawn yesterday and put the wrong foot on the mower to start it and ended up twisting his knee.  Jenni spent two hours in ER (I HATE ERs!) and now he's on crutches.  Dislocated it and may have to wear a brace for a while. Not sure how long this is going to lay him up but he's none too happy 'cause there's no school today and he was planning on getting a lot of work done on his truck during this 3-day vacation.  I took him over some jelly beans.
Been sitting here looking out onto the backyard and wishing I had more energy and better body bones so I could pour myself into sprucing up the place.  The pots on the porch need scrubbing and while I'm sure I can tackle that chore, I wonder if I'll need to empty each one of dirt so I can really clean with a brush and some bleach.  I'm looking at work no matter what route I take. Which I'm fine with 'cause I actually like working outside but both my shoulders have been bothering me so much lately, I wonder how successful my spring cleanup project will be.  I do intend to get out there and do what I can but it is so discouraging that I can't perform the way I used to be able to.  It's hard to accept aging sometimes.

 This tulip is just about ready to show its face. Too bad it's not sitting in a cleaner pot.
 my little plum tree is coming right along with blooms too. Just wish the yard wasn't such a moss-covered nightmare.
                        It used to look a lot nicer. Never wonderful, but still nicer.

 Found this picture of 2008 when I first moved in with Dad. No fence yet and it brought vandals during the night.  Hunter and Maddie both made really great snowmen that day.
                                                     And they were killed during the night.

Well, I've got a load running in the washer and that's about all I'm going to accomplish today.  I do plan on going out to pull some weeds in the planter boxes, though.  I'm going to hire Maddie to come over and help me clean windows later this month and to help me clean areas that are down too low for me to get at comfortably.

Meanwhile, I have a new jigsaw puzzle set up so I can play around with that today and I know I'll surf on over to ancestry.com to see what I can find.  Just called the twins to see if they want mac & cheese so I'm off to Safeway to buy them a treat.

Heading into PT again on Monday for the CZ retirement lunch but thankfully, Mary Norton is driving so I can enjoy the view.  Some more pictures that have been colorized......
                                                      Hindenburg blimp crash
                                                         Abe Lincoln in 1862
                                                 car wreck in Washington DC in 1921

No comments:

Post a Comment