My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Monday, March 9, 2015

Pretty Foggy Out There

I wonder if that thick fog will disappear as the day progresses.  Jenni dropped off Sammy this morning but he's looking kind of listless and tired.  I think his tummy is upset as he went to the door to be let out and then went to the lawn and tried to throw up. So sweet of him to not do it on the carpet.  We're going to go for a walk this afternoon when Jenni gets off work as she wants to take me to this part of the "area's walking trail" closer to her house that she prefers.  Yesterday we went downtown to walk. Saw an eagle along the way.



I hope I'm up for it 'cause like Sammy, I'm feeling a little punk.  Yesterday I was tired all day long. Not sure if it was setting the clocks ahead or what.  I took a nap and had to force myself to get up and moving.

Some mornings I'm up and ready to go and others....well, not so much.  I think it depends on how well I sleep the night before. Older peoples sleep patterns vary as they age. At least mine have.  Some nights I'm up to pee every two hours and other nights I might only get up once.  Never sure what causes that but I am going to pay more attention to how much I drink during the evening.  My shoulders have made their way into the sleep equation too. Both of them ache during the night and if you wake up enough times, you feel like you haven't slept all night!  That's probably why I'm sitting here yawning now.  I've turned into my father.  Seems like he was always napping, morning and afternoon.

Not too much on the agenda today.  I'll probably do a little genealogy work on the computer and try to get my notes in better order.  My cousin, Holly, who is up visiting from KY posted a picture of her Uncle Jim on Facebook yesterday and it reminded me of a picture I had of one of Jim's g.g.grandfathers on his mother's side --Julius Wickwire Sizer b 1854 in WI.

I sure have enjoyed looking at Holly's pictures on Facebook as she makes her way around to the various spots on the Olympic Peninsula that have memories for her.  She went by her grandmother's house on 19th Street and walked all the way around it snapping photos for the family back in KY.
I posted a couple of how the house looked when I was a kid.
                                          this is the side of the house before and after

                                  Lillian is standing where the fireplace chimney was built
I sent for a couple more 500-pc jigsaw puzzles a couple days ago. Probably should have occupied myself with some of the MANY 1000-pc puzzles I have in the garage but I was in one of those moods where Amazon Prime was calling my name.  I also sent for the book 'Foxcatcher' on half.com.
After seeing the movie, I wanted to know more about the guy.  Fascinating story, and while the library had one copy, it was out until the end of March.  The movie had 49 holds on it.  Makes me wonder why people don't just go rent it from Red Box. It's only $1.50 there.

I also ordered myself another Scrabble game to play on the computer.  I took my disk to Ruth's and was able to make it work on her machine this time.  I'm hoping she gets as much enjoyment from it as I did.  I finished my bird jigsaw a few days ago and may start a flower one today.

Here's a joke I received in an email last week......

Four guys have been going to the same golfing trip to St Andrews for
many years.Two days before the group is to leave, Jack's wife puts her foot down
and tells him he isn't going. Jack's mates are very upset that he can't go, but what can they do.
Two days later, the three get to St Andrews only to find Jack sitting
at the bar with four drinks set up!
"Wow, Jack, how long you been here, and how did you talk your misses
into letting you go?"
"Well, I've been here since last night..
Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room chair and my wife
came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and asked, 'Guess
who?" I pulled her hands off, and there she was, wearing a nightie.
She took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom. The room had candles
and rose petals all over. Well she's been reading   '50 Shades of Grey'......
On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie her up and
cuff her to the bed, so I did.
And then she said, "Do whatever you want."

So--- Here I am!

My daughter, Mary, told me she got a FB message from a friend of hers in Atlanta who was visiting an aquarium with her son and saw Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner with their kids.  I wouldn't mind seeing a movie star now and again.

I received a bunch of old photographs that had been colorized in an email recently and will try to remember to post a couple here and there.  Here are three:
                                                                       Albert Einstein
                                                                   Charles Darwin
                                                                          Walt Whitman

Well, dryer just turned off so guess I'll retrieve the basket of laundry so I can say I've completed my housework for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment