My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Who Knows This?

I don't really expect anyone to know the answer to this but I'm going to ask anyhow.  Had weird dreams again last night (or early this a.m.) and I can't help but wonder about the ole brain waves getting stuck in gear.  The first dream had me at my office job at the mill. I've had dreams like this in the past where I'm trying to finish a task and obstacles keep getting in the way.  I can figure out what that means (more or less) and I'll deal with it but am curious about this second one...

One of my jobs in "Service Squad" during my high school years was to help Mrs. Willestoft in the Lincoln School Building.  She was secretary to Neil Potthoff at the time.  Or was it John Kanaar? Anyhow...one of the things I did for her (and which I really enjoyed) was to deliver art  & school supplies to whatever teacher had put in an order.

This meant construction paper, pencils, artboard, paint, crayons, paper clips, paste, etc.  What I can't remember is was the supply closet in the basement or on the main floor or on the top floor?  I'm thinking basement or main floor.  And then...how did I get these supplies delivered?  I know I didn't pull a cart up and down those steps and there was no elevator, of course.

Sometimes there were a lot of things ordered so I can't imagine I would carry what I could in my arms and then go back for more trips.  I don't recall carrying a basket.  I know other girls did this job too so I'm hoping someone remembers.  How did we deliver all those orders?

I'm always puzzled by the things I wake up remembering from my dream world.

No comments:

Post a Comment