My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Friday, July 5, 2013

An afternoon with Catie

What a delightful afternoon I had with my granddaughter!  She even stopped at Frugals on the way over to bring us lunch.  Her kitty came too but she spent most of her time (okay...all of her time) under the bed in the spare bedroom. 

They left about 15 minutes ago and Catie plans to return to Renton tomorrow.  It was so great getting one-on-one lessons with all the little computer and gadget apps I was struggling with.  I even changed my phone back to my Iphone instead of my flip cell.  I feel a lot more comfortable with it now that I know how to move around.

I've been driving myself crazy trying to format my book with the page numbers.  Catie had a lot of problems too so at least I knew it wasn't just me!  After we got that fixed, she showed me how to make a table of contents.  I had typed one up but wasn't happy with how it looked.  Much better now and we let the computer do all the work.

I made a quick run over to Shirley Odell's house earlier this morning as she had a couple of pictures of her dad, Digger, that I wanted to use in my book.  Perfect poses too.  One showed him playing ping pong at the rec center and another shows him loading up the old Coca Cola machine.

I've been editing it almost every day and am about halfway through.  Course I'll have to edit again but that's fine.  I'm really liking the way it's taking shape.

I should probably get off the computer for the rest of the day.  Thought about going out into the backyard to clip weeds around the fence but the neighbors are out there playing rap music and I'm not in the mood to work with that interfering with my "good music" on my Ipod.  Maybe I'll think about it tomorrow morning early.  I do better with chores in the early morning anyhow.

My bird seed is just about gone and I think I'll forget about filling them back up for a while.  Pigeons (that don't look like they're missing any meals) seem to think they're in charge of the seed.  Crows have been gathering like crazy too but that's my fault. I felt sorry for them during the hot weather and have been refilling the bird bath.  They do enjoy that water. I even saw them taking a bath in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment