My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Still Sorting...

I made  good headway  on my photo sorting project today.  I'm probably doing a few things the long way but I haven't quite figured out all the little tricks  of using the control key and such.
I pretty much depend on click and drag to my desktop and then to other folders as needed.  I do have to pay attention, however, as I've found if I don't send the relocated files on the desktop to the recycle bin AFTER I've sent it to its new folder, then I can be in a world of hurt with duplicate files.  I think I emptied the recycle bin of over 3000 items yesterday and maybe 5000 today.  Whew!

I put all my alumni and reunion pictures  in their own place outside of "My Photos." Now they're in "Alumni Data."  I'll have to go in there another day and resort again.
Tomorrow I'm working on "friends" and "family".  That requires a number of subfolders such as MY KIDS (and then they each get their own folder) MY GRANDKIDS (again separate folders) MY COUSINS, MY FOLKS, MY SIBLINGS, MY AUNTS, MY UNCLES.

I'm still working on trying to figure out how to categorize FRIENDS.  Some friends I have a ton of pictures of so they get their own folders and then I put their family in each of those.  I worked on PORT TOWNSEND AND PORT ANGELES yesterday.  That took some doing as I gave folders to Water St, Taylor St, Chetzemoka, the hospital, Uptown, etc.

I know I'm just making work for myself but I should be able to find pictures when I want them.  At least that's the plan.  I have about 4 photo boxes that are separated by file cards too.  And maybe half a dozen albums.  I'm a little nervous about sorting through everything on disk.  That's my real problem area as I kept putting things on disk to get them off my hard drive.  Yeah, that's gonna be tricky.

Once I get this done, I'll go back to genealogy. I'm hoping to do up a Blankenship line inserting pictures as I go.  And then I'll do other lines of my family, as well.  Wish I was getting paid for the time I spend on these projects. I'd have a few dollars in my wallet.

I make a point of doing my house and yard chores first 'cause once I sit down, I don't want to quit until my hand hurts.  Which it does now so I'm quitting for the day.  I need to go out in the kitchen and make the two packages of ground turkey I bought into patties for the freezer.  Hamburgers make a quick and easy meal and if the patties are already fixed, I'm more apt to use them.

I didn't get too much accomplished today.  One load of laundry, one trip to Safeway, one letter written, 20 minutes of bike riding, and maybe a half hour of weeding.  My evenings have been pretty much mirroring what I did the night before.....work a crossword while eating dinner, clean up the kitchen (or not), watch Wheel, and then watch 'Orange is the new black' on Netflix while I do cross stitch. 

Then it's off to bed to read.  If I'm lucky, I'll get 3 or 4 pages read before nodding off.  So annoying!
I ordered three paperback books on half.com today. Each one was 75 cents but the damn postage shot my total paypal bill up to $11.  Still, I guess that's a good price.  Bought a series set by Jane Kirkpatrick. Thanks Coke. I think I'm going to like them.

Sammy is here again today as Jenni's doors are still being installed. The flooring guy came by to measure this morning so she can get that problem fixed up soon too. Well, guess I'll get going.......

No comments:

Post a Comment