My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday out and about......

My day so far:  Got up and passed by the mirror.  Scary, as usual.

Had yogurt and a bagel for breakfast, surfed my usual websites, worked on my book, welcomed company.

John O'Brien stopped in so we hit some second hand stores looking for a table.  He hauled one up from the basement of this place downtown that had a long flight of stairs with no elevator.  I wanted a cheap table but I wasn't enthused about that descent so I told him never mind.  But he did it anyway.
Price was more than I wanted to pay (naturally) so John offered them $20.

It was a consignment place so she had to call the person who was selling the piece to see if she'd come down in price.  She agreed so I pulled out my debit card and John packed it to my car. (I need to take company with me more often when I'm thinking of spending money)

It's a nice little table. Sturdy and just the height I wanted.
I needed something to put my air conditioner on when it gets hot enough for me to go to the trouble of wheeling it out of the back bedroom into my bedroom.  Only problem is, you have to empty the water tray every few hours and it's difficult to get to as it's near the floor.  Now I can have the a/c on this table, pull out the cork and attach a hose letting the water drain to a nearby bucket.  Took me a while to figure out the easiest way to deal with it.  It's a nice little table so I can use it the rest of the time as a coffee table or end table.

We went up to Traylor's (ran into Rose and John Johnson) and had lunch and then back to my place so he could pick up his truck and return to Sequim.  He's staying in Rainbow RV Park just  over the fence from my old mobile home in Green Acres.

I came in and took a nap.  It's what old people do; and then woke up to watch Katie Couric and crochet.  Also what old people do.  I changed into cooler clothes and decided I'd better water my flowers on the deck as they were looking poorly from all the heat. 
The nozzle on the hose is a piece of junk and I really need to invest in a new one. Damn thing gave me an unexpected bath and I had to come in and change clothes again.
Yep!  This blog never fails to entertain with exciting and interesting news.  Here's my wet clothes.  ha ha ha ha ha ha

John had such interesting stories about his trips and his bike rides that it got me motivated enough to think I'm way overdue for getting on my bike too.  Gonna start tomorrow morning even though I know it will be like day one all over again.  I'll start slow and just go around the block and up and down the street.  Always gives the neighbors a little entertainment, at any rate, to see that old fat lady down the block pedaling by.

No comments:

Post a Comment