My neighborhood growing up

My neighborhood growing up
19th Street, Port Townsend

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sammy's back

Sammy got dropped off at gramma's house again this morning. Jenni is having new doors installed throughout her house and Sammy would be underfoot big time!  He also can't be trusted if the front door is left open. He's off like a flash to the house across the street where two other dogs live and he only sees them from his window.  No amount of calling him works either.  He goes deaf when he's free.

Jenni was having an especially rotten day yesterday.  Discovered some leak that had been leaking for a long time (kitchen sink or dishwasher perhaps?) had caused some major damage under her floor.
She recently had new tile put down and now she's had to rip it all up and order a guy to come back with new stuff.  Huge expense and headache as it means moving everything in the kitchen again--not to mention paying for new flooring.

I rode my bike for about 20 minutes early this morning but it was a little nippy.  I could have lasted longer if my upper left arm wasn't so dang sore.  I really need to figure out what to do about this problem. It's been continuing for weeks and I wince using that arm for just about everything.  Strange how the lower part of my body (mainly hips, knees, and feet) will not bother me as much when the upper body is taking its turn.

Not too much on the agenda today. Am playing with the idea of giving Sammy a bath in the bathtub. A little concerned about getting on my knees but maybe if I make up a knee pad with blankets and pillows?  I'll think about it.

Also need to weed eat dandelions but weatherman says our weather is cooling later so I'm holding out for that. Much easier to work out there with cooler temperatures.  Both sides of the house don't see the sun much. Especially the west side.  It's nice and flat on that side of the house, though, so it could be made to look a lot nicer than it is.
 
The other side of the house is the difficult area.  Especially near the back deck. The land was never leveled and it's difficult to walk along there because of the slight slope.  I think it needs  filler of some kind but not sure if that means dirt or rocks.  I'm not knowledgeable enough about outdoor landscape techniques to know what to do about it. 
 
And when you get right down to the nitty gritty, I never care one way or the other unless it's spring or summer, and I happen to be outside more than usual.  It's always easier to forget the flaws of the yard when the weather is damp, wet, windy, snowy, and otherwise ICKY!  I am going to get those tall weeds chopped down this week, though; I'm sick of looking at them.  And I might even take my stool out there and see about digging up each and every weed one by one.  I'll make up my mind on that once I get started and see how much abuse my body is taking.  ha ha

Well, I've got to get a little birthday present mailed off to my sister, pick up my Hit 5 ticket for the week, and get started on my picture project again.  I really had fun with it yesterday.  I stayed with the "Port Townsend photos" and made various subfolders within that.  Found a few odds and ends that didn't belong there so I promptly put them up on Facebook. 

Here's some pictures of the twins at age 1 and 13 and two Mary took at the lake this past weekend. Her whole gang was down there and they had two boats. When I asked the twins the "funnest fun" they had, they both said innertubing.  (I think that's when the boat pulls them through the water)



No comments:

Post a Comment